Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was on a hilly road and one of the turns was a really tight turn, I didn't lean enough and took the turn too wide, which made me freak out and I slightly hit my brakes and my tires caught on some gravel, and it slid under me :'(

My turn signal light popped out, but I was able to attach it back.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Dang that is so sad... Did you have frame sliders?? what is that rod sticking out??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that rod sticking out are my frame sliders.
I'm so glad I invested in those. The damage could have been a lot worse without it.

And thanks guys! I'm okay, just a few bruises. I'm just sad that I did this to my bike.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Looks like maybe the frame slider dug into the gravel? May have had less damage if it was all on the hard surface? Glad you're OK.

G

·
I feel for you man, never good to hurt your pride.

I don't know how much I trust frame sliders to protect anything. The fairings on our 250s protect the stuff that needs to be protected. Just wondering if they could have made a difference in my crash, kinda doubt it. And note the warning on frame slides that says - May not protect your bike from being damaged.

In the case of the CBR 600, if you've ever seen the damage from one that has been laid down, the fairings do not cover side engine parts. Scratches on these parts is not nice to look at.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MadMax said:
I don't know how much I trust frame sliders to protect anything. The fairings on our 250s protect the stuff that needs to be protected. Just wondering if they could have made a difference in my crash, kinda doubt it. And note the warning on frame slides that says - May not protect your bike from being damaged.
I guess it completely depends on the bike/type of accident. I dropped my monster twice and low sided it at a low speed(shh!! don't tell!) and my sliders saved everything but my mirrors. Pretty damn good investment imo. The sliders mainly protect the cosmetic stuff, which is good because 250 fairings are not cheap.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes do tell. Color thoughts. Thats what you need. Maybe keep the black and paint a design over the screwed up part so it looks like it was never screwed up.
Glad you are not hurt though. Be careful.

·
Registered
87 Posts
good to hear you are ok. i dropped mine in a parking lot at low speeds. wish i had had frame sliders. i just looked at the price to replace what got scratched up and it adds up to about 700 bucks. but i dont plan on replacing everything. first ill replace the right fairing. everything else is not bad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
t1 - I'm doing good :) Still sad about my bike though...

I'm actually going to the Bellevue Kawasaki after work today. I'm going to get an alarm and I was thinking of getting some frame paint and primer and try to see if i can sand it off and paint it myself since the scratches are semi-minor and I can't really spend $400 bucks to replace my fairings at the moment. I'm going to try and fix it hands on first..I just hope I don't screw that part up :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ratty said:
What sliders do you have? They aren't Sato Racing are they?
I have the Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders. Installed it when I first got my bike. Well, it was the second thing I did next to lowering my bike =P

1 - 20 of 26 Posts