Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, :eek:just finished getting the bike put away for hibernation on Saturday. Over the last 36 hours we have been hammered with a winter storm! Streamers coming off Lake Huron have cut across my city non stop since yesterday and we have been hit by about 3 feet of snow,:eek: much more where the drifts blow. The snow is expected to continue like this for about 24 more hours to get us another foot or two! Motorcycle Season is VERY over and any hope of a short ride on a dry and mild December day is gone.:mad:

The view out my back door, down a step to the deck. Those fence posts are 3 feet high...

My BBQ. That season is over too!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Wow Boar, that is amazing!!! Since I live on the coast, we don't get a lot snow here, but normally within 20mins drive in winter I can find some on the ground. No where near those kinds of depths though!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is unusual for my area. Here in South Western Ontario, I'm further South than some parts of the US. Even for Canada this kind of snow is pretty bad.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Build a snowman looking in your window, forget about it, get freaked out next time you walk by. Then go pick a fight with him and knock his head off. "Look in my window will ya, peeping snowman pervert." ;D

The things I could do with 3 feet of snow .............. the possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Boar, that's awesome! That's proper sleeping weather right thar! I love snow! D, I agree, this no snow winter is crap. Hopefully it won't be like last winter...

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I want a blizzard like the one in 03' or 04'? Gosh never had so much fun. lol Nothing like digging yourself out with rubber maid lids. lol We had to get to a Wedding in St. Louis.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whew! The worst is finally over. After almost 60 hours of near constant blowing snowfall, we have a break in the weather!

Here is the view out my front door yesterday. The holly bush you sticking up is about 5 feet high...

All in all we saw between 70 and 125 cm fall in three days. I'd say we were in the 90 or 100 cm average around my place, that's a bit over 3 feet.

The view out my back deck...

Snowed all the way to the picnic table top!

This is across my street. Keep in mind, 3 days ago all I saw from here was clear pavement and green grass!

Looks like a white Christmas for sure this year.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yeah!! Time for a ninja powered snowmobile!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Wow, so much snow! That was something I didnt expect to have the pleasure of seeing while I was in the US in summer! I've never seen snow in Australia and its been YEARS since I've seen snow in England.

Felix

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.