Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I started up the bike, let it warm up for almost twenty minutes 'well more like fifteen'

Went to jump on and hit the throttle, brought it up to about 5-7k, i noticed it billowed a bit of smoke, kind of like diesle's do but on a smaller scale.

WTF do I have unspent charge ??? oil rings gone bad? or could it have been carbon being blown out of the exhaust pipe assembly?

~Audacia

·
Registered
347 Posts
sounds to me like you let that baby warm up for wayyyyyy too long. Even in a 250 the radiator fans would be blowing off at that point.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i never choke it, it starts within 2 cranks.

I started it and went back to playing xbox live haha, i usually let it warm up for 10min and its freezing cold up here at the moment.

No the rad fan wasn't even kicked on when i went back out and geared up

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it went away, so it could have just been carbon being blown out of the exhaust?

It was black not gray as condensation would be.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
50-60f

I'm in the process of running STP fuel clenser through the bike, 1 bottle to 2 gallons of gas I'll see what happens. Will be pulling the carbies this weekend will take pics *now that my iPhone works* and upload. Will report back hopefully just plugged ports causing fuel leak or sticky floats.

~audi

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
AUDACIA said:
50-60f

I'm in the process of running STP fuel clenser through the bike, 1 bottle to 2 gallons of gas I'll see what happens. Will be pulling the carbies this weekend will take pics *now that my iPhone works* and upload. Will report back hopefully just plugged ports causing fuel leak or sticky floats.

~audi
Audi, I was just thinking that you have NEVER posted a pic of your bike! I then searched through ALL of your posts(no I am not stalking you!! ;D) and I only found 1....Yes, only 1 photo of your bike! This is not good enough, and you should know better by now!!! I'm starting to think you are a bot or spammer!!! ;)

Get you act together or I may have to engage warp speed on my 650R, come over there, and kick your ass!! ;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
do it zandi!

Audi, still thinking your idle is way over-rich.... Had you used the choke I wouldn't have worried about it, but if it's building up that much extra gas to create black smoke it's definitely running rich...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Haha!! Nah, I gotta special button that activates my own stargate so I can pop in and kick someones ass when it's needed!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
zandit said:
Haha!! Nah, I gotta special button that activates my own stargate so I can pop in and kick someones ass when it's needed!!
..pshh.. well my 250 shoots lasers from its ey.. I mean headlights.. beat that.

punk. ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Z, if you lol through my posts u find pics of my muffler build, I didn't get to pull the carbs this weekend thanks to my need of a car, had to get t I spection ready.

I'll b posting pics of the removal and what not after I do it probably tomorrow night.

Idk could it be my air mixture screws being to rich? Thy need re adjusted, or could it be from the tapered needles from DYNOjet? Either way I'll be pulling hem tomorrow and posing pics for Z ;P

1 - 16 of 16 Posts