Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the serious enthusiast who has fabricating skills and is looking to turbo their Ninja 250r...

Here is the world's smallest turbo, very similar to the IHI RHB31 turbocharger. This is good quality turbo is ideal for turbocharging your Motorcycle, scooter, dirt bike, ATV, go kart, buggy, snowmobile or any project or toy you can think of. The compressor wheel is only 37mm diameter.

MBE Motorsports inc. : Small Engine Turbocharger VZ21 [VZ21Turbo] - $349.89USD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Fuel injected with Methanol 20 psi boost and nitrous should make at least 100 hp.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Cams head work .JE forged pistons and ARP studs top and bottom Corrello Rods, balanced crank and balancer. Reinforced case and modified oiling system .Plu$ Plu$ Plu$
The engine is almost done . Sourcing the parts for the turbo and fuel system will be the next step. then Fabrication starts.It will not be this year.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sweet! Sounds awesome X! You gonna put in steel bearings on the bottom end? Or rather, how are you planning on enforcing the bottom end? Sleeving the cylinders?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Sounds like with just one missed shift, you'ld be spittin' pistons.
Ha ha ya I don't need to miss a shift to hole a piston. Thankfully custom pistons comeb in sets of eight.
The bottom end of these bikes is good. I will have full engine case studs and Carillo made me a set of rods (the first set for an 08 ninja). The crank will get some work. The engine builder will deal with all that. For me the way to avoid problems is to go slow. Take baby steps and record as much data as I can get. Remember I only ride 1 mile at a time.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I want my exhaust will end 100mm from the hot side of the turbo. The intake is where the fun begins. I need a 500cc plmenum and mount the injectors before the manifolds.the nitrous mounts in the manifolds. And the innercooler will be up front under the radiator.
I figure one butterfly from a gsr1300 about 38mm mounted on the inlet of the turbo will be good.
Micro squirt fuel system.
I still have a LOT of details to work out. But the oil and cooling for the turbo was the hard part

·
Registered
656 Posts
They have everything on that site for carb to EFI.

Personally I don't think blow through carbs would work even slide carbs because of the pressure i don't think it would 'spit' fuel efficiently through the jets.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Seen a 10r in a 636, and heard someone putting a 500 in a 250...

Even though it's a 250, it still looks super sports bikeish, so performance is expected. I don't know if sticking a larger engine in is really that exciting unless you are racing and need to save weight.

I still think a turbo hanging out the side of the faring would be cooler!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
16 Posts
well i like to mess with people but how much would i be to put a full turbo system on it? and is it worth it an fairly easy to install?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
I would rather have FI on my bike, the only thing that would suck about it is price and figuring out how to get it all done and if it would be legal in the US being that the bike came stock as a carb bike. I don't know much about emissions with bikes so...

I would love to put a 600 motor on the 250, but I saw pics when I first joined here and someone had put a 500 on a 250, it didn't look stock at all bc the motor was so wide the fairings wouldn't button up together mainly at the bottom. So I'll just buy my 09 gsxr600k9 when I get a chance to...

I would also love to slap a turbo on the 250. I don't have aplace to do it or the know how for fabbing stuff so I would have to pay someone else to do it for me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts