Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys when riding home tonite i was goin round the roundabout at approx 30kmh and it felt like i was riding with a flat tyre and rims. After this i continued to ride very slowly home and every turn/bend felt very awkward.

Any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know that experience when you get a completely flat tyre whether on a motorcycle or bicycle amd you can hear the rubber rolling against the rim. This is exactly what it felt like

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
um, what pressure are you running in the tires? Next I would check that the axles are tight, and next, I would check that forks are tight in the triple trees... But I think it's tires....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Have you checked the forks for any leakage? you will see oil seeping out. Far fetched but maybe you have a seal out, it will make it feel washy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I park my bike in the garage and no signs of leakage.. Not sure what else they have done to the bike but you could be right. Maybe it is just a mind of matter thing.

Or maybe because I was slow riding, and a noob, I must have had my hands on the front or back brakes while turning... a big no no but yeah, slowly getting used to it

I cant be bothered creating another thread, so I'm going to ask here. Sorry, mods please move if more appropriate.

I get nervous when I make my way to the front of a traffic jam at traffic lights and feel obligated to take off quickly to not frustrate the guy at the front (who is now behind me).

This is where I get real nervous and not change gears properly from 1st to 2nd. There have been times where I dont bang it up hard enough and falls in Neutral and I rev the hell out of the bike. Other times my take off are very jumpy (nerous so releasing the clutch faster tan usual).

Any tips going from 1st to 2nd and avoiding a jumpy take off?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am thinking what the heck are you doing splitting lanes... But then remembered you are over the water : ) no lane splitting here in WA , USA
Drivers would plow us over. :?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Any tips going from 1st to 2nd and avoiding a jumpy take off?
Practice, my friend.
Often times newer riders as well as "so called experienced riders" are overconfident about their riding skills, and think they can ride better than they really can. By the same token, some riders are just the opposite, under-rating their riding skills. In both cases, this can be a great danger to both the rider, and often to those around them. It may not always be easy, but all riders must be real about their riding skills. Being confident in yourself and your bike is the key to being a good, safe rider. So being over or under confident can be a problem.

Often times, riders will ride fast, thinking they are showing their skill but this is rarely the case. Riding at very low speeds takes much more skill than riding at higher speeds in a straight line any day. With even modest skill almost anyone can lean a bike far enough in a slow-speed turn to drag a peg just as well as someone can drag race a custom street bike. The one common thread that is relative to both riders is that, for them to get to that particular level of confidence, there was practice involved.

Practice in order to get better at what is difficult - to become skillful. Practice increases confidence. Confidence shows as 'skill.' Schedule some time to practice away from traffic. Consistently practice your skills and improve yourself as a rider. This helps you in knowing the dynamics, effects, mechanics and limits of you and your bike.

Just remember a good mindset and concentration are of utmost importance when riding. Before you get on the bike and turn the key, take a minute to relax and focus, it could save your life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.