Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a new rider and I just wanna ask. Let say you are at a red light and it start to turn green, how do you guys have a fast start because I realize every time it happens to me, it took me a bit long to get up to the street speed, and I believe this 250 could start up faster than a normal car. Is it solely base on the timing of changing gear? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
rev the engine more and slip the clutch will make you take off faster...then rev it all the way to 12k rpm. (which is about 30mph) then just change gear accordingly :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea so i tried it today, it works but there is one time i slip it too fast and whatever happen, hi-tech has the answer already. Nothing happen, just a hard bump from the bike. Pretty scary though...

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
yeh just take it steady and remember to not let go of the clutch quickly!!

hi-tech get a vid of you doing a wheelie ;)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
well...im not hi-tech but i still know how it works :p
if you increase the amount of teeth on the rear sprocket then it makes the bike accelarate faster, if the bike can accelarate faster then its easier to pop the clutch and get the bike up on the back wheel... :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry, I just laughed at that last statement. What's a back wheelie?

I kinda forgot how slow the little bike was.. 30mph in first gear?

I found that when riding the 250, I could keep up with most trucks, but most of the cars (unless it was an older-smaller car) would be able to out accelerate me. Not by a lot, but they would eventually walk away.

Just don't try to race them in acceleration.. You can out maneuver them, so go weave through traffic and end up 4 stop lights ahead of that quick-accelerating car. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i called it back wheelies cuz i don't know a name for it but it instead of lifting the front wheel up, you lift the back wheel up. Yes travisty, i agree with you that with the 250, most car can drive pass you if they want to but it's okie, with the 250 it's about having fun and being safe ;)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
sonny25 said:
well i called it back wheelies cuz i don't know a name for it but it instead of lifting the front wheel up, you lift the back wheel up. Yes travisty, i agree with you that with the 250, most car can drive pass you if they want to but it's okie, with the 250 it's about having fun and being safe ;)
yeah mean stoppies...

Travisty said:
Sorry, I just laughed at that last statement. What's a back wheelie?

I kinda forgot how slow the little bike was.. 30mph in first gear?

I found that when riding the 250, I could keep up with most trucks, but most of the cars (unless it was an older-smaller car) would be able to out accelerate me. Not by a lot, but they would eventually walk away.

Just don't try to race them in acceleration.. You can out maneuver them, so go weave through traffic and end up 4 stop lights ahead of that quick-accelerating car. ;)
how are you accelarating? the only thing ive had beat me off the line so far was a £60000 5L bmw hha

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The Ninja was designed for the beginner rider. The gearing is set up to give the most low end acceleration without throwing the rider into a wheelie. However there is a some power in that little engine to move that ass from a stop light if you have to. Twisting the throttle a little more and slipping the clutch a little more efficiently produces a nice result. It's not that the Ninja is moving all that slow, Cagers (lead foots) just like to step on the gas a little harder and see if they can out run a bike period. I make them earn their spot at the light. For them this comes with extreme gas consumption and embarrassingly high and noticeable acceleration, speed and stopping distance. You're not going to out run the Ghost unless you do way more than the law allows, then I let you get the ticket first as the lead vehicle. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.