Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a silencer for a slip-on? Because my two bros slip-on is gets annoying after like 5k rpm. Or should I just get like a new full exhaust, or would that be even louder? Maybe something like the Yoshimira because I heard they're almost like a stock exhaust? Btw anybody know where I can find a cheap full lowering kit and HID lights for cheap other than ebay?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Few questions there, can help you with the first one. There is a tip you can buy for the 2bro that will lower the dB a couple. Its not a lot but it may make it less annoying.

Power tip...

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-20804&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Kaw-Ninja250R-SO-08.html

As for other exhausts, the longer the muffler the deeper and generally quieter it will be. You could go a quiet core AreaP full exhaust. Modifying the stock exhaust is another option. I would imagine the yoshi will not be that different to the 2bro, little quieter but its nowhere near stock.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
331 Posts
A sound suppressor that lowers the noice lewel by 3 db means

you cut the noice down by half.

If you cut 6db you only got 1/4 left on noice.

Hence, 3db is alot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quick question, what is so annoying about the exhaust. I was planning to getting a 2bros slip on. Is it just loud or what??

·
Registered
71 Posts
i'm planning on getting the two bros slip on and just to be clear i don't have to jet my bike for just a slip on correct? i know that shimming the needles or jetting makes the bike run a lot better, but right now i don't have the money for the exhaust and then paying for the install of the jet kit at my dealer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
eric said:
A sound suppressor that lowers the noice lewel by 3 db means

you cut the noice down by half.

If you cut 6db you only got 1/4 left on noice.

Hence, 3db is alot.
3db is nothing. Noise limitations in the states runs at 93db, so lowering it by 3 ain't shit, not even close to half the noise.

AF: You need to re-jet. Opening up the exhaust at all-all but requires a re-jet. Just shim them for a slip on... Everyone else has, including me, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
AngelForce said:
i'm planning on getting the two bros slip on and just to be clear i don't have to jet my bike for just a slip on correct? i know that shimming the needles or jetting makes the bike run a lot better, but right now i don't have the money for the exhaust and then paying for the install of the jet kit at my dealer.
+1 lol
i also just want to get a slip-on.. dont really have the $$ for dealing witht he jet/shimming right now.
but wanna be heard on the street!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
how long do you think i'll be able to run the slip on without doing anything? if i get the slip on and ride for a couple weeks with it on will it hurt anything if i don't shim or jett?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just take it easy on it... You'll notice if it's too lean for the bike, it either won't accelerate, or accelerate very slowly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
K i'll probably shimm the needles before i get the exhaust, but i was just checking. it seems like the overall conscencious is that it isn't that hard to shimm the needles. hopefully i can figure it out.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Angel Force, you probably want to do it right when you get the exhaust. The whole idea behind shimming the needles is to get a little bit more fuel into the cylinder... If your "air system" - intake, carbs, exhaust don't change, you don't necessarily HAVE to do it, nor do you HAVE to do it when you get the slip on, or for that matter, a full system. However, if you do not shim the needles with the slip on, you will notice a difference. It might worth a shot, just to feel what it feels like. You really won't hurt the bike.. Yea, ok, if you ran it hard, a little lean for a long time, then inspected the engine internals under a microscope or something, you might be able to find some pitting, but the difference is so small the engine can easily handle it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
k thanks spooph i'll wait until the next crappy day and attempt to shimm the needles. where would you recommend buying the washers?

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea. i mean it was like a buck for a whole bag, and it came with a bunch of each size...theres prolly 50 in the bag. i think there is maybe enough of the right size washer to put about 5 on each needle. which you should NOT DO. but if a buddy needs some, they are there

1 - 20 of 52 Posts