Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All. So today, with the warmer weather on the horizon (hopefully), I decided to install my JetKit. I did not take any pictures during the install...as this has been documented quite heavily already by other members. I used gummybear's install log as my guide:

[URL]http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/full-yoshimura-carbon-fiber-exhaust-and-dynojet-2193-install-log-4182.html[/URL]

I just wanted to share my results with everyone.

BIKE: 2008 Ninja 250R (EX250J)

MODIFICATIONS: Two Brothers slip-on, K&N air filter, intake snorkel removed.

KIT: DynoJet #2193. Main jet used was DJ098. eClip in the third position from the top, with the two supplied washers on top of the eClip. Mixture screws are three full turns out, both sides equal. I did not deviate from DynoJet's instructions, I followed them exactly.

So after getting the bike put back together (as much as was needed to start it up)...she fired right up. No choke was neccessary, bike had not been started since yesterday. Idle seems to be a perfect 1300rpm, and at idle I could already tell the difference. The bike did sputter for about 10 seconds...normal while the gas flowed back thru the sytem. Revving at idle was smooth and fast. The bike no longer dipped RPMs to "think" about revving. I let it warm up for 5 minutes and then took a quick cruise around the block. All hesitation is gone. The bike is so much more consistent now, throttle-on-demand if you will. I am so pleased with the results.

Total install time, from removing the first screw on a fairing to starting the bike was about 5 hours. I wouldn't call myself a mechanic by any means, but I've tinkered with cars since I was 16. As this is my first bike...I'm still getting accustomed to it...learning what hose goes where, and for what purpose. If anything...the only thing difficult about this install was the space confinments. gummybear was not lying when he noted an hour to wiggle the carbs out. Now that I know what hoses go where, and what to pull off...on a second attempt I would say this could go much faster. It's all about learning.

YouTube - 2008 Ninja 250R JetKit install, showing idle and revs

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Working on the Ninja wasn't bad at all. It was nice to be so low to the ground...able to literally sit on the ground. Working under the hood of a car can be so demanding on your lower back, I can't imagine what full-time mechanics go through.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice work!

How much nicer is it working on bikes than cars :p Less broken skin.

Felix
Nothing like a good old flap of knuckle skin hanging off after a spark plug change or an oil change! ;D

Congrats on the install, but why 3 notches from the top, I though tit was the second notch AKA right in the middle? Hrmmmm I'll have to re check my C Clips :eek:.

Nice write up!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the install, but why 3 notches from the top, I though tit was the second notch AKA right in the middle? Hrmmmm I'll have to re check my C Clips :eek:.
The DynoJet needles have 5 notches, the middle being 3rd from the top (or 3rd from the bottom depending on how you look at it). Unless the bike is having some issues, you could probably leave it on the 2nd notch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just curious, since I dont really know much about jetting or how it's actually done. How much does the kit normally cost you?

My bike will be apart for the next week or so, and I'm thinking it may be a good time as any to do this. Thats if I have the spare cash for it... :x

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid $65 for the kit, from Motorcycle Superstore, but I see it has gone up a few bucks...

Dynojet Stage 2 Jet Kit - Street Bike 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Motorcycle Superstore

This is probably the best modification you can make to your ninja. Installation is really not that bad...you will disconnect your throttle and choke cables though. No harm here though...just be prepared that when you reconnect everything that you're throttle feels different. It's a placebo I can't truly describe with words.

I would suggest that you not do this modification until you have modified your intake and exhaust to your liking, only because it's really difficult to adjust the screw settings while fully assembled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll save this thread. Not really sure if it will be done this month, but eventually I would like to do this to my bike. 70 bucks really aint bad for the gains you mentioned. I'm just on a tight budget after buying materials to paint my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.