Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Aerik said:
So do slider kits really work and if so how well?
You mean crash bungs ? Yer if you get the good ones like R+G or woodcraft they work well ! But it all depends on the crash really ! If you low side then they are good unless they dig into a curb then they might flip the bike if its a high side then not much is gonna save it unless the speed is low and I'd you just drop ya bike at a standstill they are good too ! Sometimes they can bend your frame though so there's good and bad reasons for using or not using them but they are more likely to help than hinder!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I believe that are different kinds too. Not to add to the confusion, but I'd do a little research first. I believe there are "race kit" ones, which are what people who do track days use. And there are "no cut" ones which don't require any cutting of the fairings, but also can break off very easily. I've heard some horror stories of people using no-cuts and doing more damage to their bikes than if they didn't have any on. Research before you purchase!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Bout all i see they'd be good 4 is if u drop ur bike not moving.
May save some plastic repair.
Other bikes i've owned has so called crash bars.
They were much ruggeder then these sliders.
To bad they didn't make crash bars for these Ninjas

·
Registered
615 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Bout all i see they'd be good 4 is if u drop ur bike not moving.
May save some plastic repair.
Other bikes i've owned has so called crash bars.
They were much ruggeder then these sliders.
To bad they didn't make crash bars for these Ninjas
Earl look up race rails, or stunt rails. Pretty sure they'd suffice what you want

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.