Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Brothers & Sisters,

The other day when playing around with my signals in my garage I noticed a very strange sound, every time I switch the signals on a buzzing sound occurs for about a second before the signals start to flash, if i switch from left to right same 1 second buzz, in essence every time i activate the signals this 1 second buzzing (sounds like an electric current occurs), my bikes only got 300km on so im a little worries as to what it might be, i have located the sound to the signal relay just under the rear left fairing. The signals work fine after the initial 1 second buzz but I'm worried they may burn something out. I can't hear it while riding only when im off the bike.

Any ideas? surely not a faulty relay?? I did just install an r&g fender eliminator that required me to un plug the rear signal leads, which was so simple, 2 plugs, I didn't touch the relay though apart from having to unhook the plastic bolt which goes through the rear plastic of the bike, it holds the relay and rear signal cables together.

Any thoughts or do you think a visit to the dealer is in order?

Thanks in advance, here's some sneak pics of the r&g which overall is good but didnt fit flush and it was hard to get the rear fairings back.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I think you're paranoid Meegari. I have yet to see a bike you can't detect this on... My bike does it, and has always done it, and all my buddie's bike do it... I think you were just made aware of the sound testing them and being so close to the relay while working on the fender eliminator, which looks great by the way!

Do they seem slower in reaction? I wouldn't worry about. You should signal for at least 2 seconds before making a change anyway, so a 1 second delay isn't going to be affecting things. I don't know, maybe I'm just a hack, stupid and wrong, but this is my take. If somebody else could advise, please do....

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's the way the relay works. It has to heat that little band to get the signals going. When I switched out to the LED's and the new timed relay, all sound went away. No more buzzing, no more "clicking" of the relay opening and shutting in time with the blinkers... Just silent winking lights! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.