Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded all lights to LEDs. Added diode, flasher and resistors.
Now when I signal the signal indicator does not flash letting me know there on.
Anyone know a solution or even which fuse they use.
My bike is a 2012 250
Thanks

·
1,458 Posts
Wrong resistor for your flasher relay bud. Hope this helps. Your relay cant read the load on it therefore not flashing. I dont add load resistors on led lights. I change the flasher relay. That has always worked for me. Plus they are cheap and plug and play. And if you wanna get fancy u can get a trick flasher. To change your flash patterns

·
1,458 Posts
Try taking a multi meter and sticking it in the sockets from the bike. One at a time with the blinker on. It should show you a pattern of numbers. Which represents a flash. On off on off. Etc. if you have that the relay is good. Outside of that maybe the leds have a short in one of them. Try em one at a time

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
You only need to replace your relay with an LED compatible one.
You local Auto supply shop will have one, just take in the old one(From behind the left hand black plastic cover under the seat) and they will match it up for you.

·
1,458 Posts
Before you do that unplug the blinkers all together and then push the blinker switch. See if it is blinking at all. If it is. Then you know its a light and hook them up one at a time. If it foesnt blink. You looking for a wire. Or what i just though of. You may have hooked them up wrong where the running light is being used instead of the blinker. The blinker has 2 wires. But the stock harness has 3. If so. U provably used the wrong wire. Aftermarket blinkers arent designed to be used as running lights. That may be your problem.

·
1,458 Posts
Do u have an integrated taillight? If so maybe but you had to wire the blinkers yourself right? Unplug all your blinkers. Hit the blinker switch see if the dash light flashes and the taillight works. If it does. Plug one blinker in. See if it still works. Of it does plug in the other. If it doesnt you have narrowed it down

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
byte2022 said:
Do u have an integrated taillight? If so maybe but you had to wire the blinkers yourself right? Unplug all your blinkers. Hit the blinker switch see if the dash light flashes and the taillight works. If it does. Plug one blinker in. See if it still works. Of it does plug in the other. If it doesnt you have narrowed it down
Yea I have protons in the front
Dmp intergrated taillight.

I will try to unhook the rear signals. I know it's not the protons because they have been there for awhile with no problems. Just since the dmp install

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.