Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

"Shit, God Damn Rock"

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  AUDACIA 
#1 ·
#5 ·
! Cool ! now for some pazzo levers and an aftermarket pipe. I think it is sweet how she apoligized to it :( She felt like crap hurting her buddy.

Just noticed the second vid. named crash. I just don't want to watch it. somebody tell me the ending.

#6 ·
I'm a little confused....Why travel that fast on a road that she knows is dodgy? Ride to the conditions, it's been snowing, there could be ice, the roads are crap, forget about the guy tailing you and pay attention!

How's that for a summary Z?

#8 ·
She apologized alot more to the bike!! but I would not let her ride again!!

#11 · (Edited)
Oh man. I've got three seasons of riding behind me, on three different bikes, covering a total of about 20,000kms so far, and I still think of myself as novice rider, so I don't like to throw stones...but.. seriously... these videos are awful. Clearly the last thing this rider needs is the added distraction of vlogging. I don't know why exactly, but I had an "ah-ha!" moment when I saw the spikey mohawk on her helmet. Some people really just seem to serve the puprose of being a warning to others...

Lucky, she did not seem to be hurt too badly, at least nothing permanent.

Good a time as any to put out a reminder to all of us who have been waiting for Winter to clear out and give way to Spring:

1) you will be a little rusty on your skills
2) you will be more that a little excited to get out and have fun
3) take your time
4) give the bike a really good check up. Is the fuel OK? Check your tire pressure, it can change over winter. Give the tires a good check for any flat spot or deformity if its been sitting on the tires off season. Take time to change the oil and filter. Charge your battery for easy start up. Check the bike 360 degrees to make sure all your nuts and bolts are snug. Does the suspension compress smoothly and spring back up?
5) mechanically sound now? good, next step
6) get re-acquained with the controls and ergonomics. sit on the bike, reach all the switches, levers, and controls without looking at them, become one with the bike again:)
7) go to an open parking lot, practice some start and stops, some quick turns and quick stops in case you need to take evasive action on the road, practice on a hill to be really comfortable with the clutch
8) comfortable now? good, next step
9) take it easy on the road - cagers are not used to seeing you, it has been a long Winter, assume at all times that they do not see you. Keep your focus well ahead in traffic, look for escape routes, AND
10) Winter has played hell on the road surface. Pot holes, heaves and cracks will be there, plus gravel and sand and debris, especially at the edge of the road and in the corners at intersecions. It will take a few good hard Spring rains - and the street sweepers, to get that brushed out.

By then you should be all good to ride it like you stole it (sometimes) and have a blast all season long

#12 ·
I thought it was funny that they kept refering to her as "he", lol, until she told them her name.

I agree, first learn how to ride then vlog. One reason I don't vlog yet, it takes your attention away from watching out for everything that can go wrong. Just like all those cell phone drivers on the road.

#14 ·
Wow, some of you are really harsh... I love LJ! I watch her vlogs religiously (pun intended). That happened a LONG time ago.

Blackboar, indeed, very good points.

Here's my take: She works her ass off to indulge her moto addiction. She doesn't come from a solid family, and she's adamant enough to keep at it. She's ridden in colder temperatures for longer periods than I have, and she has a wonderfully hooligan attitude about everything. Maybe sometimes she's a bit too much on the safe side though.

I think a lot of rider can learn a lot of things from LJ. Her failures and her victories. She's a dork, so you have to be a bit of a dork to laugh at her humor... :p

Her ninja was called Shamu, and she's currently riding the Kawi 250 factory sumo bike. I think she's much happier with that.... I forgot what it's name is.

#16 ·
lol, I just remember what it like being a beginner, and see it all the time with people I teach to ride... In addition to that, I also like to push the envelope and know what's that like.... :D I've also been through some of the experiences she's been through...

I guess, let me put it this way: If more women we're as passionate about riding bikes as she is, I wouldn't mind all the critique put against her....

#25 ·
Yup, I've had both accounts happen as well Max, I guess we're all different riders.... If LJ can be faulted for anything in this video it would be for not seeing the rock and avoiding it.... Life happens mang. You should see her now on her SUMO...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.