Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
congrats on getting the bike! glad you have people to ride with...

And virtual, I have to add that I'm really really jealous of you. I went on a school trip to Disney a couple weeks ago and it was soooooo nice there the whole time. I'm so jealous haha its like 45 and raining here :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
So i made it here!!! I've been here for 2 riding days and i've already been around the olimpic mountains. I rode that today. The weather wasnt too bad. It rained earlier in the day so i figured the rest of the day was going to be nice. Ok i head out around 1130 and i make it over the Hood Bridge and i was making good time. I stopped at Anderson Lake to see that it was closed for the winter and they haven't opened it yet... neat i traveled 6 miles out of my way... but atleast it was nice riding still. I filled up and checked my milage 50... not to impressive. I get back on 101 north, riding is good untill i hit a little bit of rain on my face shield. Rain? from what clouds? It was one of those rains that you can run through real quick. Oh by the way it's 53 degrees out so the cold doesn't hit you real quick that tells you that you should turn around but it slowly turns you into an ice cube. I make it to port angeles and by this time i think that i should be turning around. Nope... Not gona happen. I keep trucken and the roads after port angeles are just awesome. The limit is 50 even in the tight corners so if it's not raining go for it!! By this time the chill in the air has gotten to me. I felt like Hary & Loyd in dumb & dumber when they are going to aspen on the scooter. "you had two pairs of gloves this whole time?" "Yeah we're in the Rockies." "I'm gona kill you loyd"

When i got on HW 101 along the west coast it was just amazing. I took a few picture but it was just with my phone. They turned out well but i didn't have a signal out there to send them out yet. I had to wait till i filled up with gas in Hoquiam. On that tank i got 61mpg. I was shocked b/c i was running it pretty hard. I was cold and i wanted to get back quick. I'm sure that is was froze me out. I jumped on 12, then 8, then 108, back to 101. After Hoquiam there was a rest stop about 15 miles out that i stopped at and had my dinner. i took a back pack and filled it up with food for the road... kinda weird b/c i had to stop and take everything off so i could eat. I ate at another park before Port Angeles too.

I didn't see any bikes out on the olimpic highway but i did see one in town. I guess i'm just crazy enough.

At the end i did 339 miles in 7 hours 36 mins. It rained on me 4 time but each time i rode out of them. The last one cleaned off all of the bug bodies that were on my head light. My little Garmin GPS is awesome it suction cups right to my gas tank and i tied it off with a black shoe lace incase it came loose... which it did.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Some rain, a little cold. Painful but normal for up here, but OMG over 300 miles and 7 hours on your ninja ! Sounds like it was an awesome ride, way to go ! Hopefully the good weather will continue and there'll be a lot more good riding to come.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.