Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seem to have lost that cheapo rubber ring that keeps the cowl in place. Any ideas where to get a new one? or a better way to keep it on there such as modding the thing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just lost my little rubber gromet as well. Eric, on a different thread said u can go to a hardware store and look for the right size, which i did but they didnt have any... sooo i just went to house of motorcycles and ordered one for 5 bucks.. kind of a rip for such a small piece..

·
Registered
101 Posts
whoa ur quick with the pics! i meant the passenger seat wont fit with the gromet in not the seat cowl. sorry for the confusion but thanks for the quick response with the pics!

·
Registered
331 Posts
When I work on my bike I always take pics.One day they will come handy when I need them.
As per the pax seat,it'll go on the normal way with or with out the gromet.Mine does.

·
Registered
124 Posts
my seat cowl is never staying down on the part closer to the license plate..
the rubber gromet always gets pushed in when i insert the seat cowel, then after I "lock" it in,
i can easily open the back part, but the locked section stays secure.. kind of pointless at this state.

G

·
The seat cowl part has a hard to see slot on the underside. The frame near the tail light has a tongue which slides into the slot. Put the seat on by sliding to engage the two. Then after that press down for the click. :)
Sleepy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn! 5$ for that! o well, im going to make sure i glue it then. So i can just head on into the *stealership* lol love that one , and order a new one? can i find it at a home depot or lowes maybe?

·
Registered
101 Posts
abe326 said:
damn! 5$ for that! o well, im going to make sure i glue it then. So i can just head on into the *stealership* lol love that one , and order a new one? can i find it at a home depot or lowes maybe?
dude abe such a rip huh?? stealership indeeed. i tried home depot and they didnt have any so thats why i just went to the dealer. I ordered the part on sat. before presidents day and it came in last night so im gonna be picking it up today.. maybe if u order yours today youll get it by friday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts