Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
...what darkhorse said.

like I said you will probably only do this on higher mileage motors. I personally have never heard of anyone doing this to a motorcycle, although I'm sure it can be done. also with today's fuel injection setups and direct injection and various control modules and sensors that monitor the A/F ratio to make sure as little fuel as possible is wasted, excessive carbon really shouldn't be too much of a problem unless it's been abused or hasn't been maintained properly.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Great stuff! I've used. Some peeps at advrider.com have used it. It great for resurrecting a "what was previously thought to be dead" motorcycle.
1.) Get "dead" motorcycle.
2.) Charge/replace battery
3.) Fill tank half way with gas, a quarter with carb cleaner, and the other quarter with sea foam
4.) If it doesn't fire right up, you know you have a timing issue.... or bad spark plugs.... or.. or...
actually we do it to just see the flames out the tail pipe... HAHA

·
Registered
133 Posts
I asked my uncle who is a mechanic about sea foam and he said it will do the job but not as well as Marvel Mystery Oil. you add it to your fuel and it lubricates the entire fuel system and basically the internal parts of your engine where oil cant reach. they have a bunch of different products, but i'm not going to put it in my new motorcycle, but I will put it into my 90 dodge ram once i get it back from the shop after my broken tranny incident yesterday.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SEAFOAM, yes I have used this before. I have a 78 Ford Bronco that I acquired a few years ago.... It had like 250,000 miles on the motor. This thang ran but holy shit it was weak AS HELL...i did some tune up stuff and still it seemed limp...So I got a bottle of that seafoam and used as directed. One of the steps is to take off the vacuum hose from the brake master cylinder, with the eng running, and stick the hose into the bottle letting the eng drink half of it. The object is to kill the eng with the intake of Seafoam juice. Let it sit for a couple. Then fire it up. I did this in base housing and ended up having my neighbor calling the fire dept on me cause it smoked so much.......In the end it ran better. Swapped that old motor with new one three months later. 351M BTW

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.