Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Scratches!!!

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  scooter2ninja 
#1 ·
What can I do about these scratches?

replacement stickers(if any) or paint( what kind of paint)?

Ithink the previous owner dropped it, doesn't look that bad though, must have been from a Stand still. He told me he rubbed it against another car, yeah right!

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the white is a vinyl, but the black is painted, so you may need a spraypainter to getting it looking really sweet. If you're confident, you could do it yourself!

#4 ·
ebay is full of stickers for Kawasaki... Actually working on some myself.... Also there are many companies that sell full graphic kits for bikes.

If the scratches look like dirt or rubber try scrubbing the panels with Mr. Clean magic eraser but use at your own risk. Haven't tried it on my bike but works great for everything I use it on so far.

#6 ·
You would Max... :p

Prometheus - So many options! If you want to go back to stock, you can try rattle canning it. Get a high grade automotive paint - NAPA should have just what you're looking for, and they can mix to match, remove the panels and paint off the bike. Make sure to clean the area very well.

Stickers as some have said is an option. Touch up paint from colorrite.com is great, but expensive, they also do rattle cans, quarts, gallons, etc,etc...

You might want to try getting a high-grade plastic wax/polish and seeing if you can't buff it out? Doubt it, they're pretty deep, but worth a try...

Or my personal favorite - you can get a touch up pen with a crazy different color, like blood red, and fill in that way because they're "war wounds", "battle scars", or whatever you want to call them... :p

#10 ·
prometheus said:
Dang zandit that was quick!!
Sorry, I've got nothing better to do!!!!

#14 ·
ive decided i will do this when i get some paint,

ive already taken off the white stickers on the left fairing..
going to NAPA later to get kawasaki lime green....
i found this style done on other 250r's with diff colors, pretty nice
maybe a little mike wazowski silhouette sticker on the side covers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.