Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really wanted a sort of clean look to my handlebars, and I hate how the bar ends sometimes stick so far out past the grips.
SO I goggled and "search this forum"-ed for a while and came up with these... REALLY pricy (almost 200 bucks for bar ends and grips) but the quality looks amazing and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. SO I'm pretty set on picking these up, jsut gotta wait for the $$$

Check em out:

Grips: I'm thinking black or maybe blue to match the bike...
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=264&products_id=645

Bar ends:
Same deal, prob match color with the grips I pick..
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=264&products_id=1363

It looks like they have all kinds of other cool stuff, but I only checked the bar stuff, but lots of billet abounds, I'm sure

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they're mad expensive but billet won't ever wear out and GOD they look good... I'm just wondering if the metal would be uncomfortable? And Aysee if you come across any mirrors on another site you should post them cause I'm looking too and ebay doesn't really have anything of quality that I can find

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Heavier bar ends definitely help reduce vibrations. If you take the stock bar ends off of the 250 and replace them with something way lighter. you may not be able to hold the grips too long.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see what you mean Blue, but I think I have a solution, If you take the stock bar ends off, throw those flush ones on, but put the billet grips on as well, I think the extra weight from the grips would replace the lost weight from the ends.

Anyway, it's my birthday friday, so the black grips + black flush ends + gold pazzo levers + undertail... all a pretty good present to myself right? haha
I'm gonna start up a thread in the mods section once the stuff starts rolling in in case anybody's interested in seeing the outcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking to changing my bar ends to a chrome style. But since i'm new to all this and only starting to think of modifying my 250, i read in another thread that weight is important for a bar end, can someone please let me know what exactly is the purpose of the bar ends rather than just aesthetics?

·
Registered
379 Posts
CSBrad said:
I'm gonna start up a thread in the mods section once the stuff starts rolling in in case anybody's interested in seeing the outcome
Of course we're interested :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sketchkon said:
I'm looking to changing my bar ends to a chrome style. But since i'm new to all this and only starting to think of modifying my 250, i read in another thread that weight is important for a bar end, can someone please let me know what exactly is the purpose of the bar ends rather than just aesthetics?
From what I've gathered, the bar ends help combat vibrations in the handlebars, which could wear your hands out or just be annoying. The heavier ones add more mass, so it takes more energy to move = less vibe. I think flush ones would be straight on my bike though cause it's very smooth, the ones on there are tiny anyway, and I don't run high revs like 12k for an hour like you 2-fiddy boys lol.

Aysee said:
Of course we're interested :)
BTW I got a couple mods done, I can't find the camera, so pics will be up in a while. Just little stuff really, flushmounts, fener mod, but it really adds to the overall appeal. Soon to be in the mail... Undertail andintegrated rear light!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts