Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Riding Elysium Road
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeYa peeps!
Though handicapped by a single GoPro, I've been experimenting with several mounts and positions and thought this was worthy of sharing...I can only wish you guys will find it worthy of your time

I would also greatly appreciate any comments (criticisms) from race track veterans on my body positioning and overall riding, I am preparing to hit the tracks (I AM aware 'preparing' on public roads is arguable at best, but what's a dude with the itch and far from the track to do
).
Anyway hope you guys enjoy ... If there are any gals, I'm sure you will, considering the main object on display

Thanks.
[youtube]xMSOLc7FbMs[/youtube]

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
you really need to get to a track dude, under some proper, credited instruction. I used to do what you just filmed. Although it is fun and such, and you think you can learn the things you need to learn on the street, although theoretically possible, you probably won't. You'll understand once you've been at a proper school and been critiqued by a real racer.... I'm not saying you're pathetic. You're close, on a lot of things, and doing very well, actually, but on the open road one is just not as free to play with the limit as you would be on the track. Without being to freely play with the limit, you won't learn as quickly.... Really, get yourself to a track school....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Keith Code remarked recently, on the track you have 30ft or so, to practice your craft in turns. On the street, you have maybe 5 or 6ft of good surface to work with.
Point being, the street is just not forgiving enough, to plan an appropriate apex for a given turn. So while you may be learnin' ... you're not be learning the right things.

·
Riding Elysium Road
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@spooph & @kurt, I hear you guys loud and clear and I'm very much aware of the risks plus, like you two mentioned, lack of a learning curve whilst riding on the street...but like I implied, there really isn't a track close to where I'm at...I'd have to either go out of state and or travel a large distance (+7-8 hours) to reach one...that's not much of an excuse lol, but I do get you guys and I'll definitely try my darnest to get to a track and "really" learn to ride. thanks guys :D

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Something you might look into, is try and find a Moto Ghymkana track layout. I've never looked, have no idea where you'd find it on the internet, and lay it out in a parking lot somewhere, and practice there....

Otherwise, do you're own thing, and don't think we be hatin', just trying to keep everybody safe.... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.