Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my right side turn signals don;t work, and it also doesn't flash on the gauges like its actually trying,nor does it blink fast like a lights out, its not the bulbs or a fuse, where to look next?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Perhaps the relay? Not 100% sure where it is located on the 1st Gen, but the more recent models have it located under a panel on the left hand side of the bike under the seat.
Maybe track that down and see if it is the culpret.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible it's the control on the left handle bar?

I should mentioned this started after my sister dropped it doing maybe 5 mph and she did drop it on that same side everything else works.

When I try to put the right turn signal on, when I go to put the left on I have to be pretty authoritative when pushing it over to work

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I would say that the entire right side circuit is broken. Maybe the switch didn't get damaged in the crash, but a wire probably pulled out somewhere and made the entire right side circuit loose contact. I would take all the fairings off and inspect the wires front to back....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like you need to take both rider and passenger seats off and and get a light tester. Turn the key on, but dont start the engine, engage the turn signal that is not working. One at a time, disconnect the wire connectors and check them for power. If I remember correctly, there are 4 connectors. One for the left signal. One for the right. One for the brake light. And one for the license plate light. Sounds like to me, you have a loose connection. Let me know how it works out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.