Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wifey and I decided to go throught to Stanley today, and to also call into Dip Falls.
Since I hadn't checked the thread this morning before leaving I thought I would have a crack at the Bike Photo Challenge with this little shot.

Of course JT had to spoil all of my fun!! :p

We pulled up at the carpark, and then we set off down the very steep, damp and slippery stairway to the bottom of the falls.

Then we trudged back to the top, and I walked around to the other side to the viewing platform.

On the way back to the highway.

Our little stop completed, we left and went to Stanley, a small Fishing town at the base of the Nut. The Nut is actually the remains of a long extinct Volcano. What you see below is actually the Lava plug left after the remainder of the volcano has eroded over millions of years.

Wifey Looking cool, calm and very hungry!!!

This is the remains of one of the old Convict barracks.

Hope you enjoy!!:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No we missed the big tree, forgot all about it actually!!

Lol, didn't you see the sencond and third pic? No Wifey!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, starting to get cold, I thought it was warm enough yesterday to not wear a light jumper under my jacket, but I was wrong!!
I need to start looking at some warmer gear!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wifey and I decided to go throught to Stanley today, and to also call into Dip Falls.
Since I hadn't checked the thread this morning before leaving I thought I would have a crack at the Bike Photo Challenge with this little shot.

Of course JT had to spoil all of my fun!! :p
:9lame: :whistling:

In all honesty your picture is wayy cooler - those trees are wicked! The ferns make me feel like I'm peeking into the world of Jurassic Park :popcorn:I wish we had countryside like that.

... just be a little quicker next time :thumb: Like a ninja!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are a lot of areas in Tasmania that are virtually untouched since they were first discovered. Areas south of Hobart are inaccessable from the sea due to sheer cliffs and the forests are so dense and thick(bit like Virt really:p) that they cannot be explored by anyone without hardcore equipment.
Everything Indie and I have shown you guys is just the Northwest coast, and some of the West coast. Barely a 1/4 of the state!! I have seen more of Tasmania in the last 2 years since we started riding than I have in the previous thir:-X years!!:whistling:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Beautiful Zandit! Isn't weird how one just gets wunderlust when owning a moto... :D

Edit: I know we're not supposed to, but can I request a hi-rez version of the 2 bikes on the road - the first one. i want to put it as my desktop background....

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish I could help you out with that Spooph, but I don't normally keep any Hi-rez copies. All of my photos get resized to be kept on photobucket @ 800x600. I can resize it again to a larger size, but the quality is not as good as what it was.
Let me know if you want me to send through the upsized photo to you.
Sorry bud!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.