Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, back in Feb. I installed some new tires and brakes. Being that it was still cold and somewhat wet, I could not test things like I wanted, so I have been itching to get at it. Today it was about 89 degrees ( felt hotter) and pollen everywhere. Took the bike out for a little bit, warmed it up, dropped the 10w40 winter oil, put in 20w50, adjusted the rebound damping (the rear seemed a little soft with the new tires) and hit my favorite roads. Normal driving handling was good, braking with the new pads, a little better than stock. The tires seemed to respond real nice in the turns. The stock IRCs just did not have a good bit if you leaned it over to far. The test would be a real long and tight off ramp I like. Normally in the car I could push it into the turn about 35 mph before the tires started to squeal. Recommended max speed for truck is 15 mph. With the stock tires I was able to be comfortable at about 45 mph and just a little off center on the seat. With the new tires I was able to go about 53 mph. ( man that felt good!) The tires and the bike felt solid. I think I could have went faster but my riding time this winter was not as I would have liked, So I am a little rusty. In all the EBC Brake Pads and the Continental Conti Go tires......definitely good to go!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
just did a ride today that was 180miles round trip, was awesome fun, went with my mate who has a gixxer 1000

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: RIDE REPORT! Update

Got the front tires installed. There is now, a definite difference in the ride and handling. Got out today with some 20 mph winds. Handled real well. Did not feel as unstable as before. Responses were smooth and agile. Corners nice and tight. Seemed to take a tiny bit more to lean over at first, but I quickly dialed it in no problem.

The specs;
Continental Conti Go Tires
Size 130-70-17 110-70-17
Width 5.59 (in.) 4.76 (in.)
Overall Diameter 24.64 (in.) 23.46 (in.)
Radius 12.55 (in.) 11.92 (in.)
Section Width (aspect ratio) 5.07 (in.) 4.33 (in.)
Circumference 72.99 (in.) 69.68 (in.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. The rear was replaced @ 10,099 miles. The front was replaced @ 10,405 miles. Both were supposed to be changed at the same time but then I said it was no big hurry, as it was still kind of cold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.