Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Ride on back wheel only

4K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  indyjoe7 
#1 ·
How can I ride my Ninja 650 on one wheel like other bikers do?i would like to learn how to do it.

Sent from Byanrich

#2 ·
I used to have the same urge as you do currently. It looks like a blast and probably is but in my opinion isn't worth the possible thousands of dollars in damage you can do to your bike if you mess up ONE time. I wouldn't recommend learning that because you will almost definitely wreck in the process. But that's just my personal opinion. Lol good luck to ya if you do try it out! Just wear your gear!!

#3 ·
I just take my wheelie control of, cruise it up to about 5000rpm in first and in one motion back it of and then wind it on. Do it slowly at first and c if u can feel the suspension rise up to it max then just keep doing it a little more each time. don't get to cocky !!! Always have foot ready for rear break if u need it. Don't worry about changing gears when starting out just hold it up till it's time to change then roll it off and put it down, when u r more confident back throttle of a little and change up into 2nd ( no clutch )
Good luck mate and be careful!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
Not recommended on a 650R anyway since it has a semi dry sump.
Doing a wheelie can starve the engine of oil and seize.

#20 ·
I accidentally did a short wheelie today just shifting......
First to second.......
Hit a bump in the road at same time n twisted the throttle a bit i guess....
Was more like coming off a ramp then a wheelie.......but......
Was in wheelie position when i landed on rear wheel.....
Then front came down.....
Been a couple years sence i played like that.....LOL.....
Was a diff feeling then jumping avor a short humped up bridge 4 sure....LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.