Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've primered and been completely unenthusiastic about what to paint my ninja...then a buddy drove up in his newly rhino lined jetta. BOOM, so i'm now trying to figure out how to get my bike truck bed liner painted instead of normal painted. hehe. should be interesting. it's only gunna be about $50 so that's dirt cheap. I got some cracked fenders/fairings cheap off of craigslist so i'ma bondo them up and see how it looks on them first. i'm debating the color though...i like the idea of white ^_^

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
That's a wicked idea spud! Here are a few things to consider - white is going to show a lot of dirt and grime, and rhino lining doesn't just nicely wipe off - you'll have to give it a proper bath, every time... Next, be careful to have them, or you mask off important places where fairings meet with each other or the tank. Rhino lining is thick, and to go back afterwards and cut it down with an exacto knife would be a bitch! It would be much easier to primer everything, then mask of what needs to be masked off, and then have them spray it.... Other than that, I can't really think of any issues, and can't wait to see the results!

·
Registered
116 Posts
not too bad definitely interested to see what that will be like.
Not too familiar with how rough it is after but mite be tough on ur pants if its really gritty but like i said i dont kno this liner just kno some ive seen were almost like sand paper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.