Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a full Yoshi exhaust system, Stage 2 Dynojet kit and a K&N air filter (R-0990). From what I have been reading, the jet size for the Dynojet kit only goes up to 100, which will be too lean for my setup. I have been told to separately buy the size 108 jets (for starters). Since I have to buy completely different jets, does the jet kit serve any other purpose? Should I return it? Why buy a jet kit at all when you just buy jets separately? I have searched everywhere and can not find a definite answer.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I still used the needles and did not use the rest. I tried the DJ 100 the bike felt flat above 8000 rpm. I tried every jet up to DJ 114. I used DJ 110 in the end .

I also stopped using dynojet jets. I order the Kelihn jets 15 dollars for 4 jets from bike bandit
They are not the same as DJ but I got a set of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said that the Dynojet that you finally settled on was 110 and then you switched to Keihin. Did you you use the Keihin equivalent which would be 115, or did you use Keihin 110? Thanks for responding!

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Yeah... DJ should sell just needles. I got mine ghetto rigged right now. Kawi's largest jet (dont remember the number right now, 114 I believe), 2 shims under the needles and a small nut on top of the spring retainer to make it harder for the needle to raise. Runs ok, but the right needle makes all the difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I'm understanding this right, I may have over paid for the Dnynojet kit AND extra jets, but at least I'll have the right components. Am I correct in assuming this?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I went with Keihin 118 . It is rich but I figure when it is freezing cold it will be close. I need to get a 114 or 115 keihin .I was buying jets for an open header . So I only bought 118 through 125 . All too rich for a muffler.
I liked the 110 DJ .It was very close. the needle is set to the middle

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm planning on getting the area p full exhaust here shortly. on their web site they suggest the dynojet 2193 kit which comes with DJ094, DJ096, DJ098 and DJ100. the instructions say to use the 098 if you have a modified exhaust and some intake work (snorkel removed and k&n air filter). is there anything wrong with this kit? is the DJ098 or DJ100 not big enough? I haven't read anything bad about this kit and all the reviews seem positive so any feedback you all could give me would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I can only say that it felt flat above 7000 rpm with the 100 and pulls to the rev limiter with larger jets. I have not had it on a dyno yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dknollRX7 said:
I'm planning on getting the area p full exhaust here shortly. on their web site they suggest the dynojet 2193 kit which comes with DJ094, DJ096, DJ098 and DJ100. the instructions say to use the 098 if you have a modified exhaust and some intake work (snorkel removed and k&n air filter). is there anything wrong with this kit? is the DJ098 or DJ100 not big enough? I haven't read anything bad about this kit and all the reviews seem positive so any feedback you all could give me would be appreciated. thanks
I believe the kit is just fine, even though your paying a lot for two needles. I would also order bigger jets in addition to your kit. They sell individual jets for $2 a piece. I'm in the same situation. I bought the kit and then realized that I would need bigger jets. I'm actually calling today and ordering DJ108 and DJ110 jets.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey guys. I just went and bought the Keihin 115 jets for my bike... I was thinking the jets were something different. What do I do about needles? Can I buy needles separately, do I need different needles, what kind/size should I get?

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the hi-jack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts