Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL,

I got my bike back from its 600 mile service at the dealership. I went out riding today, and I was STRUGGLING to shift UP.....it just wasn't going....and I didn't want to force it.

Once it does shift up after about a mile of coasting....I cannot shift back down, I step down on the pedal, and nothing happens.

The clutch is fine, has the correct amount of play....and grabs nicely.....but I cannot use the shift pedal!

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,

Nate

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the bike used....no warranty

The dealership didnt do anything different that I know of because I rode it home from the dealership 40 miles and it was fine....and I rode it to work one day.

It's just a weird issue....I think ther is just a little slack maybe???

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
problem is, it worked for about 100 miles AFTER they worked on it.... so that card would be difficult to play.

I will crack it open in the next couple of days, see whats holding it up. It has too much play I think and needs a bit adjustment.

Thanks for the advice though Felix/Dan, I probably will call the dealership Monday.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Depending on the dealership, if they want you back again, they might be nice just have a look for you free of charge. I dont take my ute to a dealer, I have it worked on by my tuning shop, and I've taken it in there quite a few times and they have worked on it for free, cause they know I will be back for more work. One time they spent 1/2 a day on it :| free!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, dealerships and shops aren't cool here....but I know some about bike repair, and my neighbor is a genius engineer and he has helped me with my subie, my TTR125 and my 250R....so I have the brains, just need the right diagnosis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.