Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get the crankcase/generator/alternator cover off. Er.. As if taking the bolts off the cover would be good enough -_-

here is illustrated where the oil leak was and which gasket is needing to be replaced. (I have the gasket)

so, bolts off and the cover still wont come off:

it is pinched there and I sort of cant get it off. Do I need to remove that sort of apparatus type thing where the shifter is accepted ?

another pic illustrating that it wants to come off

any help would be stupendously appreciated. I scoured the internet for an article of how to remove the crankcase cover and nothing. Only clutch cover mostly and even those werent really great. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Rremember there are magnets inside the stator cover.First pull the starter.that will just hang up. Is it loose at all ? Don't pry anything. I will go look at a loose engine.
Edit. I think you have to pull the cover off the front sprocket.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
i haven't done this before, but from your pics, I agree with X.... You have to remove the front sprocket cover-apparatus, and to do that you have to remove the shifter linkage - not from the foot peg, from the shifter input shaft - the apparatus that goes through the front sprocket.

With those removed, i would follow X's recommendation to remove the starter apparatus, and then you're cover should be free.

If you have any more problems, please post up more picks using a photo-recording apparatus of some sort, as you did previously in your asking of questions....

LMAO! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jack-ass, but apparatus isn't a word you see too often, and I love it! More people should use it more often, like contraption. Bloody brilliant word! Please post up your results, we will continue to help and get this thing figured out!

Apparatus....:deadhorse: :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.