Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Good video, I would just add one thing... NEVER attack your bar-ends without covering your fuel tank and fairings to keep them from getting scratched. ( I know on the vid, the fairing was removed.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good video, I would just add one thing... NEVER attack your bar-ends without covering your fuel tank and fairings to keep them from getting scratched. ( I know on the vid, the fairing was removed.)

wow i never would have done that
why the fuel tank?
i guess accidents happen
I'm just not the preventative type

·
Registered
420 Posts
So... I fought with this for a good part of the morning and have had zero luck. Bolts won't budge and the heads of the screws are starting to get torn up. I guess I'll let my dad have a go, and then I might have to take it in. Bummer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So... I fought with this for a good part of the morning and have had zero luck. Bolts won't budge and the heads of the screws are starting to get torn up. I guess I'll let my dad have a go, and then I might have to take it in. Bummer.
you could try keeping the heat on it longer, like 2-4 minutes. I did that on the 1st bar end.
Then give it a few smacks with a rubber mallet, heat it again and then get your ratchet on there maybe put a pipe or bar on it to make it longer

That's what i had to do for my rear spools when i took them off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.