Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After listening to the last video I posted up in the "random video? thread I got to thinking...While I like my little ninja I would love to have me a 600cc bike. I started thinking, I have a nice motorcycle already that my wife was loving enough to let me get, so why not enjoy it while I have it and make it more my own... I think my main isue with my bike is I only rise it to work and back. I need to start actually taking time to go take a ride and enjoy the bike and being free!

So, my plan is to REALLY start middifying my ninja. I am currently putting together a list of mods that I want to do to her. I will post this list up when I get it mostly done. This list will be somewhat normal, but with the amount of mods I would like to do, it will be somewhat extensive as well.

If anybody has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to add them.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm truely a fan of the concept of enjoying what you've got. And what you've got is a great motorcycle. Hell yeah, get out and ride it and while you're at it, throw some mods on there to make it individially yours. But, get out and ride, let it take you places and teach you things.

Since you're seeking input, let me also say that I'm not surprised to hear this from you. IMHO you're at a place right where impending fatherhood will make you see the world differently. Your ideas grow up a little and you reflect on things. Its a good thing. Enjoy it all.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I had heaps of mods on my 250R when I had it, and I loved getting all of the looks from everyone.
Make it unique, and yours!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I think I have most everything I want to get done to the bike...If you have any suggestions on other mods or brand please let me know...

Clip-ons- Shinto, Woodcraft? Which
Sportisi rear sets
Sprotisi undertail exhaust
140 rear tire
Koso gauges-still deciding on this
Rear hugger
Clutch/brake levers-what brand?
Double Bubble windscreen
Possibly halo's-thoughts?
Main fairing graphics
Eventually pain entire bike white with graphics
flush front signals
paint brake calipers
s.s brake lines
reflective red wheel stripes
different rear signals- not sure what I'm gonna do(need when I get undertail exhaust)
change sprockets for acceleration- thoughts?
Neons-inside/below bike
better/louder horn

Again, all/any comments/suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to give your input. I don't want to get crap, but I don't want to buy the most expensive thing either...Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Navy looking through your mod list and I'm digging everything you want to add on. The only advice I can give you is just make sure you consider all factors when choosing your mod. What looks cool can sometimes have negative affect. For instance the sportsi under tail exhaust. Don't get me wrong I freaking love the way it looks but if your thinking about riding 2 up the passenger might get a cooked bum from the heat rising up. If you don't plan on that then go for it.
I am trying to mod on a shoestring budget myself and only getting thing that were important like crash protection (frame sliders and bar ends). Gotta protect my investment. The second is thing I consider when modding is things that help me with visibility (seeing and being seen) cause off my blindness (100 percent loss in right eye). I'm looking to upgrade the stock mirrors. They are tiny and mine tend to be on the loose side and will vibrate to a position where they become useless. I also am going to get the Koso RX2 gauges cause I think they will be a lot easier to see when riding at night, and look cool to boot. Also a crapload of reflective tape to help me be seen. I'm also thinking about hooking up a rearview camera and screen to help look behind me. I dont mind paying money on things that help keep me safe. Something to consider since you have a little one on the way (congrats by the way).
Riding more for the pleasure of riding will help you determine where to begin. I know it has with me. So get out and ride dude!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looking at your list I see one mod you will not be able to do if you plan on doing another one on your list. The Sportisi undertail exhaust and hugger cannot be used together. But other than that, looks like a decent enough list. I more than likely would have taken the route you are taking now had I found out sooner. When I found out my ex was prego's I had already bought the CBR.

But I'm happy that my 250 went to someone that really enjoys it. In fact, it made her enjoy riding A LOT more than her rebel 250 did. So now she gets out and rides more often because of it. So it ended up being a win win.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No prob. I was hoping you'd get a laugh out of it. I went through your mod list again and noticed you put on there Shinto clip ons. I would stay away from Shinto for anything. Don't get me wrong I've seen some of their products and the look sweet... However I heard bad things bout the owner/ business. I've read one 250.net thread and they don't like him too much. Apparently he took a lot of peoples money and never made good for delivering what they paid for. I think there is even a write up in here about the situation. Something along the lines where you place order, pay through paypal and instead of the money going to a business account it goes directly to him as if money was "gifted" to him. Then nothing shows up. Communication from him is nonexistent. Try typing "Shinto" on the search here and read the threads. 250.net don't even like his name mentioned. Just giving ya a heads up.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I heard about some of that when I first got on this site which is why I asked which ones to get, but I guess no one wants to voice opinions on my mod lsit other than a couple of you...lol

Thanks again BP.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Navy Ninja said:
Yeah I heard about some of that when I first got on this site which is why I asked which ones to get, but I guess no one wants to voice opinions on my mod lsit other than a couple of you...lol

Thanks again BP.
No prob Navy. I wouldn't take it too personally as many of the more regulars are out riding and going on epic voyages since riding season started. I also didn't as many responses as I'd hope on some of my threads but it's cool. So how your mods coming along??? I'm waiting to sell off my Honda shadow to my insurance agent (hopefully) and use that cash for the next string off mods for mine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, I'm not upset about the lack of posts...

My mods have not started yet as I still don't have any money to work with until about the end of next month, but as soon as I start modding I will update this thread.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, no real mods yet to the bike...I shimmed the needles, swapped the brake fluid, and did an oil change... I am hoping to be getting my Woodcraft clipons and K&N filter in a couple weeks with my next pay check...

My current issue about modding the bike is, I feel I could sell the bike for 3000 and there are a couple CBR600RR's for sale for 3000-3500 and I am trying to justify selling and buying a new bike to my wife, which is and isn't going very well...lol So we shall see what happens. When I figure out I am actually going to get rid of the 250 for another bike, I will stop modding then and focus money on the new bike...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.