Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Not sure if anyone has seen these yet, I think they've been out for a few years.

Reevu Motorcycle helmets

I was at the Ottawa International Motorcycle show and picked up the MSX1-R. It seems to make a lot of sense to me since it can only improve your safety.

I walked around my apt backwards and didn't stumble once! Just wanted to share!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I saw theses but didn't give them much attention... thought it was kinda gimmicky. I watched the video and it seems a little more legit than I originally thought. Let us know how it performs! (once riding weather comes back around)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing replaces the shoulder checks. This is an addition to safe riding. The idea is not that it acts as a rear view mirror like a car, though it can, it's that it becomes part of your peripheral vision. You are still focusing forward.

Just instead, you now have another field of vision to register movement on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the price is a little steep but since I was at the show I got a killer deal by paying cash on the helmet plus a free $50 tinted visor to go with it.

Once I put it to use I'll post something on here about what it's like riding with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to follow up as I've got a lot of riding in this past week. This helmet is kicking my ass. Being able to better keep track of the vehicles around you is very handy.

A quick shoulder check plus a little head turn to double check the blind spot has come in handy already.

I tried it on the highway for the first time yesterday. Just keeping that extra eye on the traffic behind you is very useful. If anyone is in the new helmet market I suggest checking it out

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Steal, we all appreciate your follow up. My question would be how does it fit? Comfort? Strength and overall quality?

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The helmet is firm and comfortable, breathe-able with enough room to get your ear buds in (if you do that) the pads inside are modular and you can disconnect them and wash them whenever needed. It is DOT approved as well as a few other standards (EU & UK approved) Here is the link to all the safety info and construction:
Reevu - Motorsports Helmets

And just incase anyone is curious, here is a write up on how it works: Reevu - Motorsports Helmets

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.