Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Replaced my stock exhaust with aftermarket M4 a FI light is showing code 34 . I searched online and I found out that I need to install under the seat an eliminator (Exhaust butterfly valve actuator sensor malfunction, wiring open or short)
*will this error caus any damage?
*if I remove the valav cables is the eliminator a must?
*what the best solution?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
First let me welcome you to the forum. Please stop by the new members section and introduce yourself, as that's only courteous to do. Stick around, don't just "get it & quit it", you may even be able to help someone else with the information you learn from this forum or even contribute to it.

Second, what kind of bike are you talking about? Details?
Is this a slip on or full exhaust?
Do you have a power commander or stock ECU?
Did you remove/plug the O2 sensor?
Do you have a service manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue Ghost said:
First let me welcome you to the forum. Please stop by the new members section and introduce yourself, as that's only courteous to do. Stick around, don't just "get it & quit it", you may even be able to help someone else with the information you learn from this forum.

Second, what kind of bike are you talking about? Details?
Is this a slip on or full exhaust?
Do you have a power commander or stock ECU?
Did you remove/plug the O2 sensor?
Do you have a service manual?
*I have a Kawasaki zx6r 2010
*It's a slip M4 standard KA6924
*ECU stock
*O2 do you mean the cables for the valve butterfly I'm not that technical
*Yes I do

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The exhaust butterfly valve is suppose to be for decibel control, so the code 34 will probably not cause another error, however with the FI constantly on you will not be able to identify any other errors. Go ahead and get the eliminator to turn off the FI light and disable the actuator.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I live out of USA, do you recommend an online retailer who sells the eliminator and also an online instructions how to install

Thanks I really appreciate your help
Servo Buddy - Kawasaki Exhaust Servo Eliminator
You should be able to find video for the install, although it may not be for your model year bike. The service manual should also be of help too.
Good luck & Your welcome.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an 09 zx6r just installed m4 slip On. I took off the pre muffler removed the entire servo and cables and hard ware an never got any fi light . Did you take off the servo ?
Could be computer trying to move the servo an it is not making amytjing change. So it throws the light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.