Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this forum is a lot similar to a car forum I frequent. Lots of nice helpful people, good ideas, and DIY posts. And new posts every day. So I registered.

Currently working on getting my Red 250r back in tip top shape. Had it since the 2009's came out. Recently got into an accident. Slid on the right side. Frame sliders kept her running, but some elbow grease from me will keep her looking good again. Tons of cracks and scratches I'll have to repair before primer, base, and clear.

I'll try to get my better camera working (dslr needs a new battery) so I can document the process.

I'll be painting it pearl white when the time comes. Hopefully this forum will give me other ideas I can do along the way. 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Slimer08.

It just has a scratch on it, that i'll sand down. I lost a turn signal though, that I'll replace with flush mounts.

I have a crack in the rear tail fairing. I applied some bondo this morning and I'll sand it down tomorrow.

The upper cowl was cracked and broken, theres no fixing that. So I ordered a used blue upper cowl on ebay today. The headlight is cracked too. Works fine, but I believe it won't pass inspection. I hope I can find one for cheap.

Other small things like bar ends, frame slider, front brake lever will have to be replaced as they are scratched too. I scratched my exhaust, but I don't have the cash for a replacement. If I do replace it in the future, I'll probably go with something cheaper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey blue ghost, I'd definitely be interested. I'm in Greensboro, around 3 hours out from App. But I've taken longer rides on a bike before so it shouldnt be a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Fonnie!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. :) Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks and thanks guys.
Hopefully my DSLR replacement battery will be in the mail tomorrow. I'd like to start a build thread this weekend.

If not, my phone's camera will have to do. :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.