Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is right category lol. any way I like building up my bike and as u will come to see i like tinkering. Ive looked for a while now at buying another bike. now before u get things twisted NO i am not selling S/N this willl be a second bike and a differant scale project bike then what S/N is. I am looking at the end of it to be a bike that i can ride as well as let the GF ride when i get off my butt n get one lol. So i probally will go with a wrecked Ninja 250 first gen 8?-07style (like a 00-07) possibly the new gens. Doing this for me is not a issue of skills since i do wrecked cars all the time. But more as is it worth the effort. I like this route to since they will be two totally diff builds and most likelydiff style bikes. I like the fact that i will beable to do what ever color and or paint scheme i so choose. Anyway this is my thoughts so far now i wanna hear what others view on this subject so please chime inor if youve done a rebuild post pics and your story. Thanks S/N

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
If you've never done a bike, just get the cheapest, easiest project bike you can find, if it's just to tinker. Fix it up, make it look good, and sell it... I find most people, not businesses, who build bikes build things that can't be bought, or rather, that cost too much...

For instance, cafe racers.... You could pay $11K for a Triumph Thruxton, or you could cafe out an old Yamaha XS650-1100 for $2K.... Yea OK, everybody knows it's not a Thruxton, but it will go around corners just the same, sound very similar, etc, etc....

So my advice would be to find a project you want to build. It's next to near impossible to make a profit restoring old bikes, if you consider your time, and you're working on anything post 1950's-60's ish.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we have done this with many cars but the cars will hold a stronger value then the bikes. Thats my only concern. I have consideard buying light wrecks and then flipping them. Guess i need to put pen to paper and see what time n parts versus what i can possibly get for it. Yea restos unless mild isnt worth my time unless it was a bike i was gonna keep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts