Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a rear stand for my bike and was wondering where to get one and what I could expect to pay for one.

--Enzo

·
Registered
191 Posts
135 is ridiculous. I have the rear by T-Rex and it's put together like it's nobody's business. They are made in texas. I use it all the time. It's easier to use when you do a fenderectomy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a universal one, but it's gonna be more expensive because they have to be adjustable to fit both front and back. Sucks i know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To be honest? Don't know the adjustable ones name, cuz It's at the dealership, but it's probably best to just get both front and back, cuz if you got the adjustable one you would still need two of them. Plus I don't trust anything thats adjustable to hold up a 371 pound bike while i am beating on it with a wrench anyway Lol. I'd look at your dealership they usually have cheap ones and would know which size to use, (The Ninja 250R actually ca be held up on a dirtbike stand cuz it's the same size as most of them) and type in the size of stand on google, see which one you can find is the cheapest. $135 is very steep though, 'specially for a dirtbike sized stand Lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
zero 260 whats up :)
can you tell me how to use that stuff what you showed us? Are they compact? Did I get right that with those tools I'm able to lift the rear wheel up?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Zero, those spools look great. I paid more for some that are functional, but ugly, not as deeply grooved and they are brushed silver aluminum finish. Good find.

shes7, yes, these tools allow you to lift the rear wheel and hold the bike upright and stable. The spools install along the bottom edges near the rear of the swing arms, one on each side. They only stick out about an inch and a half. Ones like Zero posted would probably go un-noticed on the bike. The rear stand then slots into the spools and you push down on the stand to lift the bike up. Once the stand is fully down, the bike is in balance and stable. I find putting the bike on and off the stand to be a two person job, one to balance and control the bike while one works the stand. I did it myself once and felt very worried about the bike falling over while I let it off the stand. Use two people.

·
Registered
84 Posts
blackboar
thanks for the info :) are they compact? I dont have garage where I may keep all that stuff. And those regular stands they kinda bulky. So and how many of them do need? 1? or 2? if they such good thats awesome thing because they dont cost alot and if they compact mmmm I'm gonna order one :):)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have a rear stand only. Unless you want to do work that involves taking off your front wheel, you can get away with a rear stand only for any other care and maintenance. The stand is not too bulky if you can hang it somewhere. Mine hangs flush to the wall and the arms stick out of course but it's pretty easy to keep out of the way. I could post a pic later if that helps you decide.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Zero260 said:
Ahh yes the spools.
10mm for sure & you will need spacers, like Joe said if you buy a generic one size fits all type.

This is the best bet in my opinion. They are made for our 250s, fit like a glove & are top quality. The best $20 I have spent on my bike so far.

http://oesaccessories.com/08-09Ninja250R.html
Zero.. if you have the t-rex stands why did you go out and buy difference spools? I have the T-Rex spools. I figured if I was buying the rear stand why not buy the spools. I didn't even really think twice about it. Do you just that the other ones are smaller and don't say t-rex or what? Just wondering. I guess I just want those on here looking for a stand to know that you can get spools through T-Rex if you want to just make it easier and buy everything at once. I actually have some extra spools now from my old 250 because I had to buy a new size for my new CBR.

·
Registered
39 Posts
RoadRunner,
You hit the nail on the head. I just simply liked the look of these more so than the T-Rex spools. Nothing more than that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts