Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blackboar, funny thing is I had to go back to the dealer to ask how to put it on. Damn thing doesnt go on the same way as the stock one. You have to install a rubber gasket on the back hole with a drop of lube. Then you really have to press down hard till it clicks in the front. I really like it though and its not overly expensive, got mine fore $125.00. Heres a link to someones u-tube vid showing how to press hard.
Ninja 250R Seat Cowl -- Simple Lock

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sweet look Freak. How did you get those spaces on the wheel stripes... That's looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Spooph, I bought these stripes pre curved and they came spaced like that. They are smaller than the whole rim, so I left a 4 1/4" space. They are supposed to look like that though, and have some black striping on them too if you look close. Thats why I bought them over the plain and full rim stripe. Heres the link. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Custom-Wheel-Stripe-Rim-Tape-Cut-Ups-Cool-Design-easy_W0QQitemZ200336187048QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item200336187048&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next mods are a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit and a Zero Gravity double bubble smoke windscreen. I have had them ordered for awhile now and hope they will be here next week !! ???

G

·
From what I here everyone has trouble fitting the rear cowl on, but me. I got the kit and assembled it, and it went right on perfectly with no trouble at all. I must be the lucky one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never got it as a kit, guess the dealer assembled mine ?? ???. He just handed it to me in bubble wrap with the rubber gasket stuck on the inside. Hope I didnt miss getting anything from the kit. Would there be anything you could recall that they might have not given me?? Even stickers or a cloth bag ...u know small stuff. You never know about these dealers robbing our goodies.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ninjafreak, seems like you got everything. there isn't much to the kit. the bracket, 4 rubber bumpers, the cowl itself, two bolts, and the rubber back rest, the grommet for the rear hole on the bike itself... i believe that is it.

so you installed the cowl yourself? your cowl seems to sit perfectly. i had to modify mine to sit flush.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loving the bike for sure hi tech thanks, and thanks to you sound wave for the info, I got the fender eliminator ordered virtualmatrix. I think im gonna hold off on the muffler for this year as I may upgrade to the zx-6 next year. It would save a 1000 bucks towards the new bike, but if i keep the 250 for another year than a full yoshi system for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts