Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a hugger off E bay . It was like 100 bucks . It is made of plastic like the stock chain guard. It came shiny black and matches perfect. It would bolt on Quick and easy if I had a stock chain guard . But I have a metal one . So I had to modify the chain guard and the hugger to get it on.

The reason I wanted this is the K&N pods get soaked with water when I ride and the whole engine gets covered with dirt . I hope this helps . Plus I like the way it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
dude that looks nice! i kinda wanna get one cuz my shock or atleast the spring is starting to rust.. must be all the beach sand on the roads i guess.

do you know if that would fit a 150/60/17 tire? or is just for the stock tire?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got home. I ride in rain snow sleet ir hail. I moved ir as far forward asI could to make room fo larger tires.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It slips over the stock chain guard . on the right side there is a nice bracket . That comes with very strong Velcro pieces . I drilled and riveted the bracket but the Velcro will hold it

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I shine it up every night . Don't you worry about that .And when it is wet I put a fan in front then after dinner I move it to blow from another direction . To dry the inside . Then a wipe down with Honda Shine .

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The spelling thing comes from using my phone at work . I just bang it out with no clean up . If it seems like I am drunk it is because I am at work LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
5 years later.. I just bought my '12 ninja 250.. And i am thinking of getting a rear tire hugger from ebay.. One thing i worry about it is it might wobble on bumps and will it fit still with my 150/60/17.... I have not find any reviews on ebay about the product: Puig Rear Tire Hugger '12/250r

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.