Did it, cut my rear fender off and made my own fender. I think it looks good. Only cost me 7 bucks for the tool to do it with. I will post pics of the step by step how I did it, but I nee to figure out how to post pics smaller than whats aloud.
1. I removed my plate along with the brackets holding my plate on. Two bolts on the back side.
2. I used a fine point sharpie to mark exactly where I was gonna cut. I only got one chance with the heat knife.
3. The heat knife thing really slices through the plastic so you have to be pretty quick, precise and steady.
4. I didnt use the heat knife to cut completely through the plastic, I just scored a groove in the plastic first. Then I used my coping saw to easly cut through the plastic following the groove cut in by the heat knife. Made it alot easier to cut and get really presice with the coping saw.
5. Once I cut off the section of fender I wanted gone, I then changed the tips on the heat knife and cleaned up the edges on the plastic. The heated tips make it real easy to clean up any edges I wanted round or pointed.
I would use the heat knife to clean, then 200 grit sand paper to remove the melted burs, then I would use the heat knife agian, then sand paper. I just repeated this proccess until the edges looks sharp and clean.
After I got the edges all cleaned up I put the plate back on. Only thing is, I removed the bolts conecting the bracket with the reflectors on it and put the plate back on with out the reflectors.
I then switched out my front orange reflectors with the red one. I like it much bette than the orange ones. I hope its not illegal though.
Thats it. Pretty basic, but I think it looks much better and it only cost me 19 bucks for the heat knife. It will do for know until I come up with something different.
I like it so far. I am eventually gonna do a better eliminator with actual brakcets and everything. I just cant stand that big ol' light over the plate. That thing is ugly. But this will do for now, and its easy enough even the newest of the newbie can do it.
i know i like doing things my self , on my escort zx2 i have the ac went out, blew hot, so i looked up online , looked around...yada yada yada foudn this thing sayign to check the ccrm , controls the ac wen your at full throttle, so i took it out, like a circuit board and it just had to be resotered idk if i spelled that right but anyways.... ford wanted me to pay....$500 to fix this problem...and i did it for....FREE woo it felt nice saving all that money.