Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a rear seat cowl for $50 off ebay. However, It wont lock down on the back end (the end closest to the taillight) I think it is just missing a grommet.. I was hoping that someone may have an answer to what I am missing, and where I may get it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By ballinlikeabeave at 2011-04-11

I realize this is my second thread started in here... if its a problem just delete it and Ill post it in my other thread, thanks in advance for any and all help!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You will have to click on one of the links on the left and walk through to get to the parts. it is just the Kawasaki site. parts diagrams.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
[URL]https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SResultPageModel.cfm?SearchIn=SearchPartsManual&SearchBy=Model&SearchModel=EX250JBF%20%28Ninja%20250R%29%20%282011%29&Match=Contains&SearchFor=EX250JBF&ssReturnResults=250&ssReturnDesc=&ssTargetFrame=Results&cGroupID[/URL]=

then go down to seat... or go to the dealer and they can order it. Tell them the grommet is missing. They might have one in stock. You have to make sure that it is a tight fit. You could lose your tail section.

Try the first link again because I was editing the post

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
oops. It looks like there is an aftermarket bracket too. Mine came with the cowl installed but I now remember when my husband TR got his there was a bracket so it looks like there is an option kit. check out the drawing...
check out the options parts listed in the schematic drawing showing the cowl.. part 99996/a then see the bracket and dampeners etc.. any dealer will know what you need.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Try this; Hillman 0.71 mm 31/32OD x 1/2ID grommet. The item number is 08236 7165. You may be able to find it at lowes or home depot. Be sure to glue it in for extra security. It's also makes for a tight fit of the cowl.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just had the same issue you have - I was missing the rubber grommet so the back end of the cowl was all over the place. I just stopped by my local dealer and they special ordered it for me.

Price: $3.50 (may vary?)
Part Reference Number: 92071

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Nope never logged in Just took the link from the top Like I always do. I was on the Kawasaki site directly and went to parts diagram. no log in.
So whatever worked for you all is fine with me. I also provided a JPG with the part number. Said go to dealer they will fix you up .. Don't speak geek to your elders sonny!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.