·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Krylon fusion gloss
Spray interior only
Use many light coats
Install...
Hope the little grommets stay in place lined up between instrument housing and front fairing.
If not, remove entire left fairing side cause you can't reach up there unless you are 12 and have chimp like arms. Loosen front assembly and tweek to the side to put grommet back in place. do this tweeking at your own risk. I never suggest tweeking.

If you are lucky install takes about 10 mins. If not , an hour.
I would like to thank TR who endured cussing and whining about the whole manufactruing process and how the designers are sadists. ( yes I get to use the new word) Sadists.

Here is mine with the painted and TR's DB ZeroGravity!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 7 dollars and some change!! for mine. I think it will hold up well! Now I gotta get some good polish. I sprayed TR's old one prior to the DB. so we are still up a stock screen!

and Virt That is the clean side you get to see.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Great Job Z!!!

I need to do this soon I have the spray paint just been a little on the cold side to spray paint anything.

p.s. I love the hulk sticker on the wall!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no hadn't put the fairing back on, wanted pict, was losing light

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Looks great z, have been leaning more and more towards doing this, will have to look into it!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I painted mine today! lol First time that I spray painted something. I did over spray a little. But it looks good. Yes, I know im breaking the rules but I will post pics 2mrw. lol Its Dark outside.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Ok since I love you guys sooo much here are the pics! The pics aren't the greatest I will get some better ones when I can ride again.

Paint I used (Satin)

Front!

Rear! (The Side you paint) lol

Installed! (Sorry for the crap pic, I will post some more in my thread when I get time)

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zartan said:
If you are lucky install takes about 10 mins. If not , an hour.
I would like to thank TR who endured cussing and whining about the whole manufactruing process and how the designers are sadists. ( yes I get to use the new word) Sadists.
I keep reading this over and over and I can't stop laughing! ROFLMAO!

I lucked out with the grommets!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lucky duck!!!! so did TR!! I had 3 of the 4 bolts in and the right lower grommet moved on me. BUGGERS
Looks great Delta :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good job on the screen zartan. The end result is great but judging by your post it wasn't a pleasant experience :)

I love the Hulk decal on your bike. Hulk smash!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks Aysee! Not too difficult just annoying. I am hoping to go out and ride this weekend. it has been in the 50s this week WEIRD warm!!
but alas had to drive with all my work gunk...laptop files, back and forth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good guys, they also have VHT (I think) "nightshade" which is transparent which would look good as well. Never though of doing this though, pretty sweet. ;D

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
looks great ;D
Zartan and Delta. When you go to get new grommets for the shield or the fairing. Look at cheap cycle parts. There is two listings for 5mm nut wells. First on the list are the 5 dollars ones .Then at the bottom of the list are 2 dollar ones. I cant tell the difference . I ordered both just to see. The 2 dollar ones are 92210-0498 I don't know the number of the five dollar ones but they come first on the parts list.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes those well nuts are crazy. Kawi has always been known for using the same part for years and years!! Even if it isn't the best design. that's how they keep costs down I imagine.

thanks for the tip. good price! you can buy colored kits too but expensive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts