Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!
so its finally been starting to rain here again in the Seattle area..
after a few weeks of beautiful sunshine, we were long overdue..

but yesterday (and again just now) I noticed on my ride to work in the heavy rain,
that there was white smoke/vapor coming from underneath the front fearing.
at first i thought it was coming from the airvent area, so i stopped and tried my best to pin point
exactly WHERE the smoke was coming from but i could not tell percisely.

Im praying that the "smoke" im seeing, is due to water evaporating from hot surfaces..
i have not been able to smell anything unusual either,
and the ride has been, as always - fantastic. :)

would anyone be able to help me out with this??
thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi my bike is the same anytime im out in the rain i get the same thing its just heat from the engine its notting to worry about i get it a lot. cant wait till we get our two big weeks of summer 8) ha that irish weather for you rain rain snow rain rain and more rain

·
Registered
122 Posts
haha.. I went to visit Ireland back in 2000 and that's one thing I remember a lot of. Rain Rain Rain. It sure was beautiful though. I'm glad we went. I've been to Seattle too but it was more during the summer. I didn't have to see much rain at all. It was nice. I hope your bikes are okay. I've ridden in rain before and didn't notice anything like that at all. I would say though if you're not smelling anything bad it's probably nothing at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i only get it when i go for a long spin on the bike. When the engine is very hot Its just the water evaporation ,Its ok on the bikes here driven in the rain we dont use salt on the roads so it has no efect on the bike. Never been to the US but its on the cards for the future how are you finding the 250 anyway

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yes i thought it looked pretty cool too.
just wanted to make sure it was vapor.. and not smoke.

and sounds like it is safe then.
thank you! i feel a lot better now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.