Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on the paint for next year. I have everything apart anyhow so I figured I would rattle can the under bits and have the fairings done in a booth.

The frame is red I removed most of the top part of the fairing and all the dash surround . That made plenty of room for the bars.

That also left everything exposed. So I cleaned up the wiring and mounted the Koso dash way up inside the nose . That will give me a better view when my chin is on the tank.

I have everything fitted and primed .I filled in the blinker hole so I can put numbers over that area. A couple more nights of sanding and I will paint the fairings. Still have a ton to do on the bike but this silly stuff is out of the way .

I dig the red and black and the red with this gray sanded color is really cool . kinda like a rat rod or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Niiice X! Did you flatten the tank? Are you going to spray fairings yourself? I am still debating to repaint mine myself or take the fairings to a pro and let them spray them.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes it looks like a Ducati with the shinny black fairings and red frame.

I cut six inches off the stock tank . Then added the top from an ex500 to make the tank.
I am spraying the fairings myself . But I have access to professional paint booth and all that good stuff. I would not recommend painting the fairing yourself. It will not have the shine you get from a heated booth.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm digging the red! looks amazing!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
oh great now Crispy's got more ideas!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had to leave off the plastic stuff because the bars are now below the level of the fairing . 8 inch below stock bar height.
the bars hit everything so I moved the dash forward and cut the top of the fairings off.

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
Racer X is rolling custom! :D

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have been in the very cold garage wet sanding my bodywork and working on the bike .I hope to paint this weekend.

Tonight I was playing with my exhaust hanger. I want to get a Zartan hanger . But I have this one. So I figure I got nothing to loose by fooling around with it. I cut the foot peg parts off and smoothed it down . The problem is the frame is red and the hanger is black.It covered up the frame . I did not want to paint the hanger red . I think that is a bit much.

So keeping with my vintage hot rod theme . I drilled 13 mm holes in the top to show the frame and make it look like I drilled it to save weight .Or it is a heat shield of some sort.Cant wait to see it with the body back on .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 133 Posts