Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have what I hope is a simple problem. The guy before me had these cheap little LED turn signals that he mounted on the front with some GORILLA glue. This stupid glue will not come off, and I have already made a trip to the store to get some Motsenbocker's Lift Off #2 which doesn't seem to be doing the trick. So far my method was spraying that on, waiting a little, and using an old credit card to scrape.

Does anyone have a better idea?! :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've always used goo gone to remove stuff from my vehicles, but it sounds like what you have is probably the same concept... Other than that I don't know. Just be careful bc the credit card WILL scratch your paint...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Google "MSDS Gorilla Glue" with in that file there should be how to remove it.

MSDS is required on all chemicals sold in the US and they always have that kind of info with in the report.

If its not in there than see what their website suggest to use to remove it.

I would go mineralspirits on a rag and let it soak on it for several mins

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. MSDS = material safety data sheet? Interesting timing there, I just got introduced to that stuff at my new job. Anyway some WD-40 wound up doing the trick, I went through at least 4 old plastic cards before it was all gone but it didn't scratch it at all. :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.