Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. It finally hit 50 degrees (F) here today so I started practicing on my new Ninja in the parking lot. I have a few quick questions. I would've posted these in the mechanical forum, but they are such NEWBIE questions I thought I would put them here:
1) When I started the bike up I let it warm up for about 10 minutes. I sat on it and flipped up the kick-stand and heard, what sounded like a warning sound. The sound faded after about 10 seconds. Does that sound normal or familiar to anyone?
2) Is the clutch pretty durable? I ask because, after tooling around the lot from 1st to 2nd and back down, I noticed a faint "hot" smell after putting it in neutral and putting it on the stand.

Since I have NEVER ridden before, I am using this forum as my help. But, rest assured, I signed up for the safety course and that starts Thursday. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Bwithrow!
ok, first, is your bike brand new and what model is it?
The warning sound is something new that I have never heard of. I'm pretty sure both of my bikes don't have that feature.

If the bike is brand new, that burning smell may be from the exhaust settling in. Also the engine is painted as well so it could be the smell of the paint cooking, nothing to worry about, that is pretty normal.

Good to see you practicing, that is great. Get yourself into that safety course with an open mind, don't take anything for granted, and enjoy yourself!!

Have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will try to get video of it. The best I can describe it is, it's like the warning sound a boat will make when your in shallow water.

My bike is a 2008 with 6800 miles.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That sound is your bike getting ready to explode, you have 5 seconds to exit the vehicle. ;D

Haha, the ol' tea kettle trick. lol - Nice

·
Registered
46 Posts
ooh sounds like "ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"???

it come from the fuel tank... if ur fuel tank not full,, there's some air inside.. and make a "flute effect" (in my place people said that hahah )... So its gonna sounding like a flute.. to make it gone.. its easy... when u hear the sound..just open the tank fuel cap for few second..and close it again.. the sound will gone... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.