Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!
You have all been very helpful on my quest to ride! I just completed the State Safety course last week and feel much more confident about riding. I havent put on too many miles yet, but I do ride any chance I get. So I wanted to say thank you to all the regulars that answer questions from us newbies. It's nice having a place to post question and get friendly advice!

That being said... I've noticed that the light on my tachometer flashes while I'm riding. Is that normal? More importantly, do any of you know where I could get an owners manual for my 08 Ninja (so i don't have to keep asking silly questions)? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Not sure about the Light, maybe immobiliser?

As for the manual, there is a online copy floating around of the 'Service Manual' that the workshops use to service your bike. If you want a hard copy, any dealer can order one in for you. I prefer a hard copy so I can thumb through it while I'm working on the bike and I don't need to get oil on my laptop :D

Runs about $60ish I think. If you're after the Owners manual that should have come with your bike, you might be able to order that through the dealer as well.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Felix. I will contact the dealer and see about getting a manual. I have no idea what an immboliser is. When i saw the tach light go on and off I was wondering if it was a "shift" light, but it seems to happen at all different rpm's.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
your electrical stuff may be loose
ROFL!

Withrow, what do you mean the light on your tach flashes? As in, the back light illuminating the tach flickers on and off? Or is there a red LED that's flashing at you?

Ebay, craigslist or a WTB listing in the For Sale section here and at ninjette.org will get you an owner's manual fairly quickly...

Keep in mind the owner's manual and service manual are 2 very different things. The owner's manual gives you basic info on the bike, the service manual tells you how to disassemble and reassemble every component of the motorcycle... Which one are you after?

Also, thank you for being such a very polite poster, it is nice to see!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey withrow welcome to NewNinja! To directly answer your question...no that is not normal. Depending on what light you're describing will help us help you on the next course of action. Basically we need to know what Spooph asked. The gauge illumination itself...or the red oil light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.