Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious to find out what male riders have to say about lowering links. Regardless of height, would you lower your bike for any other reason? Maybe overall aesthetics, less wind drag, etc.....

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Q: why just male riders?

Lowered bikes unless completely custom look a bit gehy tbh, unless you actually cant reach the floor, your making a perfectly good bike worse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In short, no. A bike is designed to operate at the height it comes at. Messing with it alters the suspension which alters the handling which, unless you've got an already altered bike to A/B against an unaltered bike, would be impossible to know how the changes would affect the ride. Unless you really have to (for height reasons only), I wouldn't waste my money to come up with something that most likely would be inferior to the original.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My wife wants to do more riding now that she got her second lesson on the bike so I am lowering it in hopes that she will want to really start riding it. If she decides not to then I will put it back to its stock height.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Wifey had the seat on the 250 shaved down on the edges a little. I didn't notice the difference myself, but she reckon's it is much better!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ive lowered the V Strom with lowering links and it has no ll affects on the bike at all, if anything it has improved handling.

I rode this bike for 12 months before lowering it so i can talk from experience.

Many people lower bike and have done for years.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Yep, I lowered my bike until it was sitting 50mm from the tar... but I was drag racing :D

If done properly, lowering can have only limited effects on a bikes ride/handling. The big thing is people lower one end and not the other, or not in the right ratio's.

Felix

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Ive lowered the V Strom with lowering links and it has no ll affects on the bike at all, if anything it has improved handling.

I rode this bike for 12 months before lowering it so i can talk from experience.

Many people lower bike and have done for years.
How did the lowering affect the handling on asphalt and dirt comparatively? I could see how lowering it would improve the handling on the asphalt, because lowering the CG can only be good when dealing with asphalt, but in the dirt I would think that a slight sacrifice in handling would be a good trade-off for the increased clearance, no?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Depends what your calling dirt, On the gravel roads its much better and on the good fire trails its much better, have you tried tip toeing over 200 kilos on loose uneven ground.

The ground clearance is an issue if you wanna go a bit rougher but thats why i brought the DR and put knobbies on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had my bike lowered when I bought it. They had a stock ninja next to a lowered ninja and I felt much more comfortable on the lowered ninja so I had them lower it for me. It's great, and it's within my wife's reach as well if she ever wants to take up the sport she can use mine or keep mine if I ever get something else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.