Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed their own Yoshi slip on exhaust?

When I read the .pdf of the instructions it said you need to drill, which concerns me because I thought it was a bolt on exhaust. Any answers?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
yea we both skipped the drilling.Just made sure everything was tight.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hmm.... im thinking about gettin a yoshi. i am not sure if i should get the full or slipon... cause i dk if i wanna jet. maybe just shim the needles with another washer :)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
hi-tech said:
How much u paid for ur exhaust? Is it better then the ap exhaust??
That question is sort of irrelavent, which is a good thing for you being the consumer. Its a matter of taste. I heard an AP and they are friggin loud! You can hit up the quiet core to tone it down though. Then there's the Yoshi, to me it sounds great, looks great just depends on your taste. Go check out Felix's bike (AP) and then the mighty zartan has a couple good pics of her bike showing off her exhaust and custom made hanger.

Question: Did Felix show us a pic of his zartan exhaust hanger?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes I have the slip on. Mine is the titanium one. For some reason mine has a cf tip.

Throttle Rocket has the Carbon Fiber one. EASY to put on.
I had my mechanic do my jetting. I am a dork with carbs. I would loose something for sure. I had a little pop so had the shims and one jet changed. also adjusted air screw. but it still has a little pop once in a while if I decelerate to hard. Hard to get it perfect. I believe it is burning off extra fuel nothing to worry about. Oh and yes you can order the Hanger from my pay pal site. easy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
ok thank you Zartan!
i would feel much safter having someone at the dealership do my jetting.
and i will be sure to ask you again for a hanger!!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I Cant wait to do my first jet, so I can come on the forums and bitch about how I f****ed up a perfect carbeurator hahaha. I'm actually mechanically inclined when I get started, I just grew up with chemistry sets as a kid but thought cooking meth was a bad idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts