Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I have a 2007 Ninja 500. I'm looking to replace my stock exhaust system with a Muzzys exhaust.

Muzzys Stainless Steel Exhaust System Oval Carbon Fiber Canister Kawasaki EX 500 1987-2009

Muzzys Stainless Steel Exhaust System Round Aluminum Canister Kawasaki EX 500 1987-2009

First off, I'm curious if anyone can refer me to an online vendor with a better deal than jcmotors.com.. What I see there seems like a good deal, at least compared to the MSRP, but I'm always looking for a better price. :)

Secondly, between the two mufflers listed above, does anyone know any particular differences? Obviously, it's carbon fiber vs. aluminum, and oval vs. round. But how much does one affect the sound? Any mentionable performance gains/reductions either way? In other words, should I spend extra $$ on the carbon fiber for any other reason than I like the way it looks?

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I don't know of a cheaper vendor, but there should be no performance difference between the two. You'll probably save some weight on the CF muffler, if indeed it is true CF, and not CF wrapped aluminium...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as weight goes... meh. I could probably lose the difference by not eating a couple lunches. :) I'm not looking for racing or anything crazy, since I basically drive this every day for work and stuff. I like the carbon fiber, but as I look at the price differences, I wonder if it's worth an extra ~$150, especially for a daily rider.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Have you checked out Indysuperbikes.com? I'm not 100% sure if they deal in Muzzy, but they are consistantly the cheapest I have seen in the States.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.