Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,699 Posts
Sherwinner,

FHG has mentioned some important factors, but let me share my experience....

The 250 has 80's suspension on it. Since then oodles of technology has developed to fight dive. The pregens dove even more than the post gens....

I mitigated the dive on my post gen significantly by going to a heavier weight oil and Race Tech valve emulator inserts, and then setting the sag appropriately. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Before you buy springs, try the emulators, they're pretty much the best thing since sliced bread.... Also, check out race tech's site where they have a spring rate calculator, and see what differences there might be in the stock spring rate vs. your recommended rating for your weight....

If you have more questions, keep 'em coming.

· Registered
5,699 Posts
slowly but surely, you're getting that bike a-o-k. :) Sorry, don't know a good mechanic in the Chicago area, but I still think you're bike has a vacuum leak, or compression issues (rings, valves, headgasket, etc). Good thing you're taking it to a mechanic. It's much easier to learn on a bike that is already right. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.