Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have stock clip ons from another bike or know what else would fit to be able to lower forks? Don't know if I really wanna shell out the $$ for Woodcrafts....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is it that the CBR clip ons would only get 1"? Can't you feed the forks up through the tree as much as you want and clamp the bars on them??

I'm looking for 2"

·
Registered
726 Posts
Cut a hole in the top of the stockers, and slide the fork tube thru... :rolleyes:

I think you're either stuck buying clip-ons, or maybe Spooph might sell you his prototypes.

·
Registered
726 Posts
But I'm sure other bikes that have clip ons are the same size as the 250 forks....

I'm sure, if here was a cost-effective, easy, bolt-on solution... we'd have probably read about it on one of the many 250 forums out there. The fact that nothing comes to mind, either says nothing else fits, or there is some flaw in the plan.

Post up pics, when you get it figured out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just find it hard to believe that no one has put a diff set of clip ons from another bike on a 250...... I'm hoping someone chimes in that has done this or has more knowledge....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What happened to the guy that said the bike would be out of control with a 2" drop? I see bikes left and right driving around with the front ends dropped like crazy so I was pretty sure this wasn't true....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Woodcraft also makes a generic 37mm clip-ons which is a bit cheaper than their 250 specific model, but not by much. Any 37mm will work to some extent, but if you want the best fit, the woodcrafts would be the way to go. I would recommend using clips ons, that one hell of a spacer underneath the handlebars...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Those are cool, but will require you either to drop the front end about 2 inches to get enough fork to clamp them onto - on the top, OR, cut your body work so you could mount them below the top triple clamp and have to deal with clearance issues.... The 250R-specific-ness of those are 100% due to the fact that they are 37mm - which is the diameter of the 250's forks... Any 37mm clip-on will work, but that's just about the cheapest clip-on I have seen yet, so if it will work for what you want to do, go for it! Personally going to save up for the woodcrafts - a much better system, IMO.

·
Registered
928 Posts
So if I put woodcraft coupons on my bike and since im planning to lower it anyway, would I then just need to get the rear dogbones and I would be set for the entire lowerin if the bike?_

·
Registered
50 Posts
I searched the woodcrafts and I immediately withdraw my previous post lol.

I love the riser system and for only $20 more including shipping, I feel it is a much better buy. Then again, I'm decently short and a couple inches lower may not be a bad thing..

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
So if I put woodcraft coupons on my bike and since im planning to lower it anyway, would I then just need to get the rear dogbones and I would be set for the entire lowerin if the bike?_
yes, dogbones is all you'd need...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.