Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I think he is referring to a rubber primer bulb like on a lawn mower, first time I have heard of it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In one of the other forums when I asked about the cold/morning start, one of the members said he added a push button on the fuel pump, he holds it for about 10 seconds and it starts right up with the choke. He just never replied when I ask him/her how they install it

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
In one of the other forums when I asked about the cold/morning start, one of the members said he added a push button on the fuel pump, he holds it for about 10 seconds and it starts right up with the choke. He just never replied when I ask him/her how they install it
One of the other members said I can put it in gear with the clutch out and hit the start button, he said that it will not crank but the fuel pump will start running.
So basically you are trying to prime the carb bowls on a cold start after the bike has been sitting a while, to shorten the crank time?

If that's what you are trying to do, try doing the second thing you mentioned. That way the fuel pump when it gets to full pressure will cut off when it it is supposed to. But I will suggest to use the choke as it bypasses all the other circuits and puts a rich mixture right into the carb with the fuel left in the bowls.

If the fuel pump relay is not faulty, just leave it stock so you don't have to mess around with any electrical circuits. The less complicated you keep it, the less problems you'll run into.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So basically you are trying to prime the carb bowls on a cold start after the bike has been sitting a while, to shorten the crank time?

If that's what you are trying to do, try doing the second thing you mentioned. That way the fuel pump when it gets to full pressure will cut off when it it is supposed to. But I will suggest to use the choke as it bypasses all the other circuits and puts a rich mixture right into the carb with the fuel left in the bowls.

If the fuel pump relay is not faulty, just leave it stock so you don't have to mess around with any electrical circuits. The less complicated you keep it, the less problems you'll run into.
Thanks plenty, that's my plan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.