Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Be careful with Purple Power/SuperClean/Heavy Duty Degreasers etc. They will dull/streak paint and will darken raw aluminum if left on very long.

I haven't used Simple Green, but I'm pretty sure it's no where near as aggressive.

Jay

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It depends on what you use it on. Simple Green is not as corrosive as Purple Power.
(Simple Green: 9.5 pH vs. Purple Power: 13.3 pH (source: MSDS))
Both should be diluted with water and rinsed well. If cleaning painted surfaces or plastic, I would use a car wash, light degreasing or oil cleaning I use hot water and Dawn.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm figuring on useing a car wash n wax cleaner on most the bike, but on that backend that's covered in chain lube all the time I need something stronger.
Specially that back rim....LOL
Think i'll go with the simple green, and even if i have to do it a couple times over i'll be safer...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I use Krud Kutter and very hot water when I get heavy lube stains, but for the most part I don't let the rims get that nasty. Keeping a good coat of polish or wax on the paint helps reduce the amount of build up.

See what my rims look like after 4 years and over 21,000+ miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Simple armor all car wash for me dry immediately. Then a coat of armor all ice bc you can put it on everything even your bubble. Let it haze and wipe it down. My wheels simple just a damp rag. Then dry with microfiber. I never let mine get kruddy enough to use any cleaner on it. I even put the ice on my exhaust u can use it in anything but glass

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I own a detail shop, have been doing it for 25 years. For simple clean up, a damp micro fibre cloth will do then dry it with another. It takes bugs off really well, on helmet too. I try not to use too many chemicals , except wax, the more the better! If you use purple power , dilute at least half and half. If you stay on top of it , it only takes 15-20 mins.after each ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.